Here are some of the highlights from the April 26, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to lay tile over a wood floor on a screened porch.
- Will the rock bed around a house cause problems during hurricanes.
- How to remove rust on a wood burning stove.
- Installing a maple end grain butcher block kitchen countertop.
- How to reattach a glass handle to a pitcher.
- Where to find wire shelf brackets for a kitchen pantry.
- Applying epoxy paint to a concrete porch floor.
- What is the best soil and fertilizer to use for growing tomatoes.
- Installing a metal roof over an existing asphalt shingle roof.
- Problem with a hard to pull bathtub faucet showerhead lever.
- How to fix a dining room floor that’s half hardwood and half subfloor.
- Problem with plugs in electrical wall outlets that are too loose.
- Is replacing a toilet make a good DIY project for a novice.
- Are expensive toilets worth the extra price.
- How to store a birdseed wreath made from gelatin.
- What color and type of screen works best to block sunlight.
- Cutting attic vent holes in eaves that are covered with vinyl soffit.
- What is the best way to remove mildew from bricks.