Here are some of the highlights from the April 13, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Larry Metzger with the Syracuse Chapter of the Painting & Decorating Contractors of America discussed how to paint aluminum siding.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Laying floor tiles over a concrete slab sealed with water sealant.
- Is removing a textured popcorn ceiling a good DIY project.
- How to remove paint blotches from a ceiling.
- Problem with walls separating from ceiling during winter.
- How to repair or replace a rusted drywall corner bead.
- Using construction adhesive to attach a tile backsplash.
- Best brand of citrus clean for cleaning cabinets.
- Is it usual to have to empty a water tank every year.
- How to open painted shut windows.
- Laying a granite tile countertop without grout lines.
- How to prep and paint a vinyl mailbox.
- Installing beadboard around an existing electrical outlet.
- How to repair a running toilet.
- Is scoring and acid staining a concrete slab a DIY project.
- How to remove the musty smell from old furniture.
- Problem with japonica leaves turning yellow.
- How to add insulation to walls without removing the siding.
- What are the different types of dust masks and respirators.
- Maximum length for a range hood exhaust duct pipe.
- How to replace a garden tub with a shower.
- Problem with rechargeable tool battery that doesn’t hold a charge.
- How to clean old, white, aluminum siding.
- Problem with voles digging holes in lawn and flower garden.
- How to hang a mirror on a fire door without drilling into it.