Stain failing on garage floors, stainless steel deck nails becoming rusty, and an air conditioner that’s just not performing well on the second level — these are some of the problems that people often ask us about.
We’ll answer those questions, and many more, on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.
- [1:39] Danny and Joe discuss lawn care and attacking weeds.
- [3:39] Joe talks about being without electricity for five days after remnants of Hurricane Isaias swept through Connecticut.
- [16:28] “I have a wooden plant-hanger and I want to know how to hang it on a stucco wall. I know I can’t just pound a nail in it, but I’m not sure how to go about it.”
- [20:03] “My family and I are moving into a new house in a few weeks. One of the things I want to do is seal the garage floor before we move in all of our stuff. Our last house had a stained garage floor, but it started peeling where we parked the cars. What can I do differently to prevent that from happening this time?”
- [28:26] Best New Product: DeWalt ATOMIC 20-Volt MAX Brushless Compact Reciprocating Saw
- [30:19] “We removed carpeting in our house and found the oak floor we had hoped for. The flooring is covered with a compound. I’m not sure if it’s a leveling or adhesive. Can you help?”
- [40:06] Danny and Joe talk about Chelsea’s new house and how they discovered — by accident — a great way to remove glue residue found under the old carpet pad
- [42:33] “I converted a small grassy area into a decorative patio with bricks and large pavers filled in between with loose small river stone. Over the years the area accumulated silt in the river stone and weeds started to grow. Is there an outdoor material that I would be able to pour into the current patio stone design that would bond the river stone in between the larger stone?”
- [50:03] Simple Solution: Four ways to keep window-box plants happy and healthy
- [55:24] “I have a deck at the New Jersey Shore, right near the water, and we have stainless steel nails which were put down and they became rusty. Is there anything I can do to clear up the rust?”
- [57:29] “I want to put stone in my front flowerbed and I was wondering, should I put mulch or a material blocker under it first before I put the stone on it, to help keep the weeds out, or just put the stone in and then spray it every year if I get weeds?”
- [58:21] “We’re having a lot of air conditioning hot spots on our second level. Wanting to know what you think about duct booster fans and what you would recommend for one.”
- [1:02:24] “I have calcimine ceilings. What could I use as a paint or sealer to prevent cracking or peeling?”
- [1:10:03] “I had a bathroom exhaust fan installed two months ago and my bathroom is still fogging up. I called the company and was told I could get a more expensive one. The original one I had did a better job than the new one. What should I do?”
- [1:15:51] “The concrete floor of my carport has a very slick finish, which is dangerously slippery when wet. What can I do to make it less slippery? It connects to a concrete patio and driveway that both have a broom finish, which are not slippery.”
- [1:22:19] “I am attempting to expand my kitchen and add a new sink. I’m not ready to start moving walls yet, but I found a sink that I am interested in. It is only one sink vs. two sinks, which I currently have. Is it possible to go from two sinks to one?”
- [1:35:17] “A couple of months ago, our electric water heater stopped making hot water, but several hours later, it started working again and was fine for more than a week. But now it has stopped making hot water altogether. What could be wrong, and can I fix it myself?”
- [1:37:34] “My neighbor noticed that I was bagging the grass clippings and said it’s best to leave the clippings on the lawn. What do you guys think?”
- [1:43:32] Simple Solutions: How to remove white rings caused by wet cups or glasses on table tops
Best New Product
|If you’ve ever done any demolition you know the value of a good reciprocating saw. So does DeWalt. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- TracSafe Anti-Slip Sealer – Daich Coatings
- Klean Strip
- Surebond SB1300
- How to Hang Anything on Anything
- How to Remove Glue and Adhesive from Floors
- Why Construction Adhesive is the Handiest Product