Owning a home often means protecting it from all kinds of invasions, both living and non-living.
For instance, you hear a rat running around in the attic, but you’re not sure what to do about the little rascal. You’ve heard about ultrasonic pest repellers, but you’re not sure whether they work.
You’ve found acid after routinely testing your soil’s pH, and you want to remove it, but you don’t want to use chemicals that could harm the environment.
You’ve installed a flat-screen TV and sound system, but wires are everywhere, and you need to hide them.
Or you want to hide an ugly crack that’s formed on your concrete carport and driveway.
We’ll provide solutions to those problems, and many more, on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.
- [2:00] Danny and Joe talk landscaping
- [5:48] The problems with using mothballs to repel snakes, rodents and raccoons
- [8:28] Joe revisits a Simple Solution for reading the fine print on product labels
- [15:19] “My husband recently did a pH test of our lawn and it has shown to be acid. We don’t want to do anything to harm the environment … so what can we do?”
- [28:30] Best New Product: Zevo Instant Action Aerosol Wasp, Hornet, Yellow Jacket and Stinging Insect Killer
- [29:57] “We remodeled our family room recently and installed a new flat-screen TV and sound system. The problem is that there are wires everywhere. How I can hide the wires from view?”
- [39:45] “We’re pretty sure we have a rat in our attic … We’re thinking about buying one of those high-frequency sound devices. Do they work?”
- [49:44] Simple Solution: Joe tells us how to fix a stripped, wooden cabinet knob or drawer-pull with toothpicks
- [55:17] “I’ve got a large gap between the concrete slab of my carport and the rest of the driveway which is also concrete. What can I use to fill such a large gap?”
- [58:42] “I’m painting my bathroom vanity and it’s not looking too good. Is there something I’m not doing or is there a way to make the paint job look smoother?”
- [1:00:57] “I’m wanting to lay tile in my kitchen. It is a concrete slab with a control joint running down the middle and I’m just wondering do I need to do something special over that joint?
Best New Product
|Zevo Instant Action Wasp, Hornet and Yellow Jacket Stinging Insect Killer is an easy-to-use aerosol that’s safe for people and pets. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- Havahart Critter Ridder
- Home Depot
- Zevo Instant Action Aerosol Wasp, Hornet and Yellow Jacket Stinging Insect Killer
- Top Dressing to Improve Your Lawn’s Soil
- How to Conduct a Soil Test for pH Using Household Ingredients
- Do Ultrasonic Pest Repellents Really Work?