Smart home devices — which you can control with a mobile device and app — not only make things convenient, they also make your home more efficient.
In this week’s episode of the Today’s Homeowner Radio Show, we’re talking about smart home devices that make us ask, “What will they think up next?”
Imagine having a coffee pot that brews a cup, each morning, 10 minutes before you wake up. Or an Alexa-enabled light-switch that turns lights on and off or dims them.
Best of all? It takes just a few minutes to install.
Listen to learn more about that, along with answers to callers’ questions, Simple Solutions and Best New Products to make life around the house easier.
And we’ll cover it all on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.
- [01:43] Danny & Joe discuss projects they’re working at their own homes
- [06:18] Danny discusses smart home products he’s installing at his house
- [16:08] What to do about moisture in double-pane windows
- [19:19] Danny talks range hoods, bath vent fans, cleaning filters and grilles
- [28:12] Best New Products: Ajustco 4-inch adjustable barrel bolt
- [29:42] Danny and Joe catch up with Chelsea
- [31:29] Joe asks Chelsea about her daughter Mary Helen fixing a broken brick on the way to school
- [32:49] Chelsea gives tips on painting cabinets
- [50:36] Simple Solution: How to prevent tracking paint around your house
- [55:08]Danny and Joe answer emailed questions on tile removal, how to prep a subfloor for wood flooring and how to locate an A/C condensate line
- [01:10:08] Danny and Joe help a caller figure out why his toilets are gurgling.
- [01:22:01] Danny discusses the benefits of TracSafe Anti-Slip Sealer from Daich Coatings.
- [01:24:42] How to remove silicone caulk from a window
- [01:26:00] How to remove efflorescence (salt) from the surface of a garage floor.
- [01:33:08] How to fix a spring on a retractable screen door that snaps back
- [01:35:15] Danny and Joe share how to fix a hole in vinyl siding
- [01:43:46] How to prolong the life of your outdoor landscape lights
Best New Product
|Ajustco’s adjustable barrel lock is can’t miss (literally) when it comes to securing sagging gates. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- Watch Chelsea’s daughter fix a broken brick with Titebond
- HomeRight paint sprayer from Woodcraft
- How to unclog an A/C condensate line
- Daich Coatings
- VistaView retractable screen door from Wizard Screens
- Decora Smart Switches, Dimmers and Outlets from Leviton
- Home Depot