This time of the year there are few things that get us in the holiday spirit as well as a real Christmas tree. But unfortunately a dry cut evergreen tree can also become a raging inferno in seconds.
It’s important to never let a fresh tree dry out, so here’s a few tips.
Check the tree stand’s water reservoir frequently, and particularly when you first bring it into your home. Never let the water drop below the bottom of the tree. If the needles become brittle or drop off excessively, the tree is just too dry.
Be sure to locate the tree away from heat sources, like radiators, fireplaces, and hot air vents. Finally, use only UL approved lights on your tree and never burn candles anywhere near it.