Here are some of the highlights from the September 5, 2009, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Straight From the Pros guest, Dan McDaniel, spoke about home security, including wireless technology for easy retrofit installations.
- A representative from one of our sponsors, Rustoleum, joined us to talk about a great new product for sealing asphalt. Jim Stinner, Director of Rustoleum High-Performance Coatings, gave us a look at the new EPOXY SHIELD Blacktop Coating. It’s formulated with acrylic resin with recycled rubber tires! It’s also a water-based formula, so clean-up is a breeze. More information is available at www.rustoleum.com.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show:
Questions came from all over . . . Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Iowa, South Dakota and New York . . . and dealt with topics including:
- Finding roof leaks
- Replacing a log in a log cabin
- Installing pavers
- Killing mold & mildew
Simple Storage and Space Savers
Throughout the show, Danny and Allen shared some simple storage ideas:
- Vacuum Storage Bags: Compresses the space needed to store bulky items like blankets, linens and winter coats.
- Shoe Boxes: Store your shoes in the original boxes. They stack easily and keep the closet looking more organized.
- Plastic Storage Boxes: Ranging in all sizes, they help keep items neat and easy to find.
- Labels and Photos: On all boxes, label the contents or include a photo of the item(s) inside for easy location.
- Under-the-Bed: Purchase or make storage boxes for using the space under the bed. Some store-bought and DIY solutions even have wheels.
- Behind-the-Door: Shoe storage bags that hang on the back of doors can also be used for other items, like belts or other accessories. In the shop, they hold cans of spray paint or tubes of caulk.
- Between-the-Studs: For garages with open stud walls, the space between the studs is perfect for lawn tools, PVC, lumber, etc.
- Open Rafters: Plywood sheets can easily be stored on racks created below open rafters.
- Wire Racks: Pantry item space can be easily doubled with vinyl-coated wire racks. This also works well for dinner plates.