Here are some of the highlights from the September 24, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Karen Collins of Broan-NuTone discussed the importance of proper venting in your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Art Aiello of Generac talked about whole house and portable generators for your home.
This week Danny and Allen discussed what you need to know to keep your home safe from pests this fall.
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Callers all this month are qualified for the drawing to receive the Pinnacle Cryogenic 5-piece Miniature Set of turning tools.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to repair a dented metal drywall corner. (see answer)
- What’s involved in moving a kitchen sink.
- Installing tile on an unlevel surface.
- How to attach a bookcase to a plaster wall.
- Finishing brickwork to increase gloss.
- How to stop flashing around a chimney from leaking. (see answer)
- Problems with foundation settling causing floor tile to crack.
- How to reduce sunlight coming in a skylight.
- Should you replace gutters before or after roofing.
- What type of paint to use when painting around a bathtub.
- Replace hardboard siding with fiber cement siding. (see answer)
- Problems with condensation on double pane windows. (see answer)
- How to waterproof the ground in a crawlspace. (see answer)
- Staining concrete floors that have been damaged by pets.