Here are some of the highlights from the October 8, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guest on This Week’s Show
Master plumber, Artie McGowan, stopped by to talk about coupling galvanized pipe with copper.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the Pinnacle 24” T-Square from Woodcraft.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to waterproof the concrete slab on a basement floor. (see answer)
- Applying tile directly to a plywood subfloor. (see answer)
- Fitting a tile kitchen countertop around appliances.
- Applying quarter round molding to masonry.
- How to prevent sun and UV damage to an oak door. (see answer)
- Do radiant foil barriers in an attic save energy. (see answer)
- Spotting on marble bathroom countertops.
- How to remove dog stains from carpeting.
- Using exterior porch paint on kitchen cabinets.
- How to remove vinyl flooring from a concrete slab. (see answer)
- Removing stains from bathroom toilet bowls.
- Calculating the amount of deck sealer needed for a wood deck.
- Will the Super Grip handle support you if you fall. (see answer)
- How to stain or paint a fiberglass exterior door.
- Refinishing synthetic wood cabinets.
- Painting ceramic tile in a bathroom.