Here are some of the highlights from the October 30, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Brian Santos visited and shared some information from his new book, Painting and Wallpapering Secrets from Brian Santos, The Wall Wizard. Here are Brian’s suggestions on how to strip wallpaper:
Wallpaper stripping mixture:
- 3 gallons hot water
- 22 oz. wallpaper stripper (DIF)
- 1/4 cup of fabric softener
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
To strip wallpaper:
- Perforate the wallpaper surface.
- Mix up the ingredients and pour in a pump-up sprayer.
- Saturate the wallpaper with the mixture.
- Cover the wall with 6-mil plastic.
- Allow mixture to work for three hours.
- Peel off wallpaper.
Danny and Allen talked about inexpensive ideas to help make your old single-pane windows more energy efficient.
Great Giveaway of the Week
Since October is National Toilet Tank Repair Month, this is our last week to give away Korky’s WaterWI$E Toilet Fill Valve!
Take a look at their website to see what makes Korky different than any other product on the market.
Also, Danny and Allen announced a special giveaway of a John Deere collectible, the 8295RT from the Prestige Collection.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Replacing a single damaged wood plank in a hardwood floor.
- Ridding your attic of flying squirrels.
- The effectiveness of lightning rods.
- Draining problems with backup in the tub.
- Cleaning a privacy fence without a pressure washer.
- Filling in gaps of paneling prior to painting.
- Repairing a roof depression located near a leak.
- Adding a hot water recirculating pump to your water heater.
- Adding cold air to prevent ice damming on the roof.
- Keeping a toilet from rocking due to a high flange.
- Explaining the types of paint brushes.
- Winter prep ideas for colder climates.