Here are some of the highlights from the October 3, 2009, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Our Straight From the Pros segment featured HVAC specialist James Linton talking about the importance of examining your heating system now before cold weather sets in. He also discussed how to perform a blower door test.
David Chisolm, brand manager for A.O. Smith, discussed the amount of energy savings that can be expected from the Vertex water heater, and its inclusion in the Energy Efficiency Tax Credits for Homeowners.
All About Glue
On this show, Danny and Allen discussed the various types of glues available for homeowners:
- White Glue: This nontoxic glue is often used for craft projects on paper.
- Yellow Wood Glue: Gives a water resistant bond when used on unfinished wood.
- Epoxy Glue: This two-part adhesive gives a strong, waterproof bond on a wood, stone, metal, glass, and some plastics. Keep out of reach of children and use in a well-ventilated area.
- Instant Glue: Great for gluing glass, metal, wood, plastic, and skin. Krazy Glue and Super Glue are popular brands.
- Hot Glue: Sticks of glue are heated in a special glue gun and applied while in a hot, liquid state which hardens as it cools. Doesn’t produce a strong bond, but is good for temporary or craft applications. Can burn skin, so keep away from children.
- Glue Stick: For use on papers without wetting or staining. Nontoxic.
- Spray Adhesive: Good for paper and fabrics where wetting would leave stains.
More information is available in our article a Homeowner’s Guide to Glue.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show:
- Pouring concrete over an asphalt driveway.
- Cabinet drawers rubbing.
- Cracks in a new driveway.
- What you should expect to pay for an addition.
- How to remove a glued down carpet pad.
- Methods for securing exterior doors against break-in.
- How to paint a plastic barrel to look like real wood.