Here are some of the highlights from the October 2, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Simple Solutions guru, Joe Truini stopped by for a fun chat while he’s in town taping new segments for Today’s Homeowner.
Danny shared some simple tips for maintaining your doors, including what to do for doors that won’t close, won’t stay open, swell with moisture and won’t close after new flooring is installed.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week we gave away the Pinnacle Handscrew Clamp Set from Woodcraft, which includes 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 inch clamps.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
• Trouble balancing A/C vents.
• Rat using the gutters to gain access into the attic.
• Difference in dual-flush toilets and 1-piece vs. 2-piece models.
• Fireplace preparation tips.
• Removing a garden hose sprayer corroded on to the hose.
• Causes for a wood floor to start buckling.
• How to figure the amount of paint needed for a room.
• Distributing heat from a wood stove.
• Tips for keeping water out of a basement.