Here are some of the highlights from the June 2, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guest on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer Julie Day Jones gave advice about dealing with clinging vines, ivy, and kudzu.
Allen and Amy shared tips to help lower your summer cooling bill.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week a lucky listener will win the Quikrete Guide to Concrete book to help with concrete repairs and projects around your home.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Filling cracks on a wood deck.
- Laying ipê wood flooring in a bathroom.
- How to repair a crack in the floor under linoleum.
- Connecting 4” Schedule 80 PVC pipe to 3” copper pipe.
- How to backfill concrete landscaping blocks.
- Problem with oil stain applied over sealed wood floor not drying.
- Applying a tile backsplash over damaged drywall.
- How to paint concrete garden edging.
- Insulating a bathroom that is being remodeled.