Here are some of the highlights from the July 31, 2010, Hour 2 Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
How long should your home appliances last? How about bamboo flooring?
Danny quizzes Allen and the answers may surprise you.
Check out the Privacy Fence Rail Design sent in by Larry Jenkins of Shellsburg, Iowa.
Great Giveaway of the Week
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of great concrete and masonry projects, from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Sealing a concrete statue – Take a look at this picture. Very creative work by Lucy up in New Jersey!
- Problems while painting countertop.
- Gutters or not over a proposed deck.
- Sweaty windows, but only during the rain in the winter?!
- Frequency signals crossed with ceiling fans – how to change them.
- Locations for an A/C compressor that could make it less efficient.
- Electrical outlets stopped working.
- Benefits of a solar attic fan.
- Gaps in laminate flooring.
- Floor stain still tacky after several days.
- Adding a bullnose to drywall corners.
- Eliminating mosquito problems.