Here are some of the highlights from the July 30, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Actor and environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr. dropped by to visit with Danny and Allen and chat about his latest green venture – he’s building an eco-friendly house.
- The funniest plumber on the planet, Ed Del Grande, joined the crew to answer a listener’s email about turning off the water and power at a second home while unoccupied, and what it would mean for the water heater.
Danny and Allen went back to the basics with some common sense tips when it comes to painting.
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
This week, Allen, Amy, and even Danny, each offered a great gift!
- From Allen: Ed Begley Jr.’s book, Guide to Sustainable Living.
- From Amy: Quikrete Guide to Concrete book.
- From Danny: an autographed copy of the August, 2011, Better Homes & Gardens magazine featuring The Kuppersmith Project (that’s autographed by Danny, not Michelle Obama!)☺.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to make a concrete slab 1/4″ higher. (see answer)
- Brick Weep holes in insulated concrete form (ICF) walls. (see answer)
- Problem with lawn mower engine running rough. (see answer)
- How to clean an older concrete slab before acid staining. (see answer)
- Cleaning a brick chimney without harming plants.
- Nonslip coating for concrete around a swimming pool.