Here are some of the highlights from the July 10, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
This week we spoke with Laura Derpinghaus from Generac about whole house standby generators, their benefits during hurricane season, and their affordability.
Danny and Allen discussed methods for attacking moisture in the home, both inside and out.
Great Giveaway of the Week
The Guide to Concrete book from Quikrete, which includes step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through dozens of great concrete and masonry projects, from pouring a walk or patio to laying blocks and bricks.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Attaching a solid cypress wood bar top to a masonry surface outside.
- How to prep a second floor wood subfloor for ceramic/porcelain tile.
- The debate on the need for a vapor barrier in today’s well-sealed homes.
- Whether an air gap is needed when installing a metal roof over shingles.
- Running a plate compactor over new pavers.
- How to stop the squeak in a ceiling fan.
- Getting pet stains out of wood flooring.
- Tips for radon remediation.
- Order of installation for a bead board ceiling, drywall, and ceramic tile.
- Repairing damage to an Adirondack chair from a pressure washer.
- How to eliminate mold from a window air conditioner unit.