Here are some of the highlights from the January 21, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
This week Danny and Allen discussed the benefits of air purifiers.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week’s lucky listener will win a True HEPA Air Purifier from Honeywell, which captures 99.97% of microscopic airborne allergens.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to attach luan plywood to a tile floor before installing vinyl.
- Best glue to use when gluing plastic in a refrigerator. (see answer)
- How to renew the shine on a marble fireplace surround.
- What type of caulk to use in a concrete block shower.
- Dealing with floor adhesive that contains asbestos.
- How to remove blue and green hard water stains on sinks and tubs.
- Using Ditra tile underlayment on plastic laminate countertops.
- Insulation thickness between floor joists in crawlspace under house.
- Which is better, blown or rolled fiberglass insulation.
- How to keep a pet door closed during high winds.
- What type of adhesive and trowel to use when tiling over tile.
- How to prepare and paint a ceiling that has peeling paint.
- Whether to run attic vent fans during the winter to reduce humidity.
- What type of swimming pool requires less maintenance.
- How to remove corroded washing machine hoses.
- What type of flooring holds up best against pet damage.