Here are some of the highlights from the December 31, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Our lawn and garden writer, Julie Day, shared some insight on how to get your holiday cactus to bloom.
Blake Humpal, with the JELD-WEN Perfect Fit program, explained the process of laser templating your interior doors.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Using a low-volume fan in a gable to boost attic air movement.
- How to identify where a toilet is leaking. (see answer)
- Filling cement driveway cracks. (see answer)
- What to look for when buying energy efficient windows. (see answer)
- What causes snow to melt in only one section of your roof.
- Priming redwood siding.
- How to create privacy glass on a clear glass window. (see answer)
- How to seal stains from smoke and fire damage.
- The difference between a 1-phase and a 3-phase table saw motors.
- Should hardwood floors in adjoining rooms run the same direction.
- How to get a holiday cactus to bloom. (see answer)
- Best product to use to protect a new treated deck.
- How to replace the thermostat on an electric water heater.
- Problem with leaking around wax seal on toilet. (see answer)
- How to prevent latex paint from peeling on handrails.
- Can you put laminate flooring down over a tile floor. (see answer)
- Problem with drainage in backyard and under house. (see answer)
- How to clean and refinish a weathered rocking chair. (see answer)