Here are some of the highlights from the August 29, 2009, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Jodi Burson, with Big Green Egg, spoke about the benefits of their unique ceramic cooker, including the various sizes and which one is right for particular situations, from family barbeques to tailgating.
- Dana Liston and David Ellis, grand prize winners of the Better Homes and Gardens Home Improvement Challenge discussed their home renovation project and the surprise of being the top prize winner. The 2009 HIC winners will be featured in the 12th season premiere of Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford which airs the week of September 21-27, 2009.
- Baseball legend, Hank Aaron, discussed the new Hank Aaron Museum currently being created at Mobile’s BayBear Stadium. The museum is Hank’s boyhood home that was moved from a north Mobile community to the baseball stadium that bears his name. It’s a first-of-its-kind project that will also be featured in an upcoming episode of Today’s Homeowner.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show:
Callers from New Mexico to South Carolina phoned in questions that ranged from leaky water spigots to bats in the attic! For some intelligent methods in the fine art of bat wrangling, check out the Bat Conservation International website.
Weekend Project Ideas
Throughout the show, Danny and Allen shared a few ideas on some easy weekend projects, many of which are featured on our website. Click on the projects that have links to see how it’s done.
- Patio planter
- Fan trellis
- Ceramic tile backsplash
- Adding molding
- Paint children’s rooms with their ideas
- Chalkboard Paint
- Make a folding screen
- Make a headboard
- Replace vanity with pedestal sink
- Tile a floor
- Install a ceiling fan
- Replace toggle switch with dimmer