Here are some of the highlights from the August 27, 2011, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
- Our lawn and garden writer, Julie Day Jones shared some end-of-the-summer tips for your lawn and garden.
- Karen Collins with Broan-NuTone visited with us to say it’s already time to start thinking about the holidays!
Danny and Allen shared some Kitchen Organization tips from the National Association of Professional Organizers.
Great Giveaway of the Week
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Homefront Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
This will be the last week for some lucky listener to win the Quikrete Guide to Concrete book to help with concrete repairs and projects around your home.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to repair cracks in ceramic tile.
- Finding the air filter in a central HVAC system. (see answer)
- How much should a wood veneer floor cost.
- Using Spray & Forget to remove black algae stains from a roof.
- Repairing damaged particle board subflooring. (see answer)
- How to hang pictures on ceramic tile without drilling.
- Stopping a toilet from running. (see answer)
- Whether to insulate the pipe from a pressure relief valve.
- Using Liquid Nails to adhere cement backer board to a floor.
- Installing tile directly over hardwood floors.
- Adhering glass tiles to a cracked mirror.
- How to improve the look of a wrought iron railing.
- Removing oil-based primer and spackling from wall paneling.