Here are some of the highlights from the April 28, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Danny and Allen discussed natural mosquito deterrents and repellents, including:
- Drain any standing water in your yard.
- Say indoors around dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Grow catnip, rosemary, citronella grass, lavender, cinnamon, or peppermint in your yard.
- Apply lemon eucalyptus oil, cinnamon oil, caster oil, or garlic to exposed skin.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to remove salt from brick.
- Problem with rainwater seeping through a brick wall.
- How to attach a freestanding arbor to a house.
- Electrical outlet size for a ceramic tile backsplash.
- How to paint plastic garden gnomes.
- Problem with recurring mold and mildew on wood eaves. (see answer)
- Advantages of tubular skylights. (see answer)
- Problem with fogged glass on double pane windows. (see answer)
- How long to wait before painting pressure treated wood. (see answer)
- Problem with taped drywall seams in garage ceiling.
- How to remove pollen from a stained patio and teak deck.
- Inexpensive fencing options for your yard.
- How to repair cracks in a concrete driveway. (see answer)
- Installing ceramic or rubber tile over a wood deck.
- How to clean vinyl siding. (see answer)
- Repainting kitchen cabinets that have lead paint.
- How to prepare an uneven concrete slab for flooring.