Here are some of the highlights from the April 17, 2010, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Singer/songwriter Andy Kim has come out with his first new album in 20 years! He tells us about some of the new songs as well as his experience remodeling his home after the 1994 Northridge, California, earthquake.
Hand tool expert, Rob Cosman, gives some insight into an exclusive hand plane retrofit kit you can find at Woodcraft that can convert antique or inexpensive planes that compares with some top dollar models.
As we prepare for the warmer weather, Danny shares some tips on restoring your outdoor patio furniture.
Great Giveaway of the Week
FLOOD—The Wood Care Specialist—is giving away an awesome prize during the entire month of April! Two lucky people each week (a total of eight winners) will receive a FLOOD Deck Refurbishing Kit. Each kit will include:
- 4 gallons of Flood CWF-UV® in Clear, Cedar, Redwood or Honey Gold
- 4 gallons of Flood CWF-UV5® in Natural or Cedar
In addition, each winner will receive 4 gallons of Flood Wood Cleaner.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Cement vs. synthetic stucco.
- How to remove rust stains on plastic laminate.
- Large cracks on a foundation.
- Removing paint runs and overspray.
- Proper spacing between wall ovens and microwave drawers.
- Where to get a home energy audit.
- How to etch concrete prior to staining.
- Resolving a buried A/C condensation line.
- Dealing with carpenter bees.
- Removing mold from a canvas porch swing.
- How to tell oil base paint from latex with one simple test.