Carbon Monoxide Detector

You may never see the greatest threat to your health inside your home. That’s because carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas whose effects can be very, very lethal.

In fact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says that every year more than a hundred people die from unintentional exposure to carbon monoxide.

The gas is produced by all fuel burning appliances, so it’s important that furnaces, water heaters, and ranges be well maintained and properly vented to ensure your family’s safety.

Even if you don’t have gas appliances, carbon monoxide can move into your home from a basement or attached garage. So don’t let your car idle in these spaces or use grills or generators there either.

Finally, protect yourself by installing a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here