It’s important to clean the outside of your house from time to time to remove dirt and mildew or when preparing the surface for painting. A pressure washer is the best way to clean your home; but be careful, since the powerful spray can damage siding if not used properly.
When using a pressure washer to clean the outside of your house:
- Apply cleaning solution.
- Wash horizontally, working from bottom to top.
- Rinse horizontally, working from top to bottom.
- Finish one area, then move on to the next.
Watch the video above to find out more.
Cleaning the outside of a house is necessary from time to time to remove mildew or prepare for painting. Because of the size of the job, a pressure washer is the best way to do it efficiently. After you apply a cleaning solution to an area, begin cleaning with horizontal strokes, working from bottom to top. Be sure the spray pattern is wide enough not to damage the siding. Then when you rinse, work from top to bottom, completing one area before you move to the next.
- How to Spring Clean the Outside of Your Home (article)
- How to Clean and Finish a Wood Deck (video/article)
- How to Remove Black Stains on Asphalt Shingle Roofs (article)