As an advocate for empowering people to tackle projects around their homes, Danny has developed a list of home improvement projects that are affordable, creative, and achievable for the whole family. “Many people shy away from involving their kids in home projects for fear of difficult instructions, or accidents and injuries,” says Danny. “This list offers activities that are fun and safe for all ages. Tackling one of these family-friendly projects is a great way to keep the kids entertained, spend quality time, and make a great improvement to your home.”
Danny’s Top Five Kid-Friendly DIY projects include:
- Make personalized stepping stones. Let the kids make their mark by creating custom stepping stones for your yard. (View the article and instructional how-to video here.)
- Spruce up your curb appeal with landscaping. Gather the family and head to the local nursery for a shopping expedition. Create a new flower bed around the mailbox, freshen up the plantings in existing beds, prune shrubs.
- Create a variety of decorative bird feeders. Wreaths, suet feeders, and traditional pinecone feeders are easy to assemble and make great additions for your outdoor space. (View photos and article here.)
- Paint something! Kids love to be creative. Arm them with a paintbrush and let them tackle the primer coat with creativity! You can find Danny’s tips on how to paint like a pro here.)
- Plant a family vegetable garden. A family garden can engage kids all summer as they water, fertilize and watch the fruits of their labor grow! (View the instructional how-to video here.)
For over 25 years, Danny has offered homeowners credible, step-by-step advice through his various media platforms including his nationally syndicated, Emmy-nominated TV show Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford, his Today’s Homeowner radio show, destination website, and active social channels.
Danny has made more than 160 national television appearances on shows such as Rachael Ray, LIVE with Regis & Kelly, CNN’s Your Bottom Line, CBS’s The Early Show and This Morning, and is a regular on Fox Business Channel’s The Willis Report. Lipford has been the home improvement expert for The Weather Channel for over a decade, a longtime contributor to Better Homes & Gardens Magazine and BHG.com, and is a source for hundreds of other popular magazines and websites each year.
Today’s Homeowner Media
Stephanie Greenwood, Public Relations Manager
Office: (251) 478-3345 x110 Mobile: (251) 401-7535