- [0:28] Removing deck screws without the heads popping off
- [4:27] What you should know about fiber cement siding’s sound-dampening qualities
- [9:03] Best New Product: Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill Plus Smoker
- [10:19] What to do with a water heater that leaves red residue in the bathtub
- [14:49] Applying paint to a Weatherdek floor on a rooftop deck
- [18:05] Remodeling a kitchen/family room combination with dog-friendly flooring
- [23:48] How to clean a grey sandstone fireplace that has become discolored.
- [27:24] Simple Solution: How to make a tool caddy to attach to your walk-behind lawnmower
Remodeling a room or series of rooms is never easy — it helps to have assistance and make an informed decision.
That’s what Karen in Indiana needs. She’s remodeling her kitchen / family room combination and she wants a budget-conscious, dog-friendly floor.
This is easy from two guys who both have hardwood floors and can attest: hardwood holds up. Ceramic or porcelain tiles also are durable, but you’ll need to apply grout, and that means much more maintenance.
Vinyl plank flooring, which goes down nicely over a wood subfloor, has come down in price, it’s do-it-yourself friendly, and it’s hard for dogs to damage.
But if you did damage one plank, just pull it up and put another one down — the flooring isn’t tongue-and-groove, and it doesn’t get much more user-friendly than that!
Listen to the Today’s Homeowner Podcast for more home improvement tips!
Tool Caddy for Your Lawn Mower — Oftentimes, when you’re mowing the lawn, you’ll notice other little chores that need to be done. This simple solution makes it possible to easily take care of those chores on-the-spot. You can transform a milk jug or any plastic water container to function as a tool caddy. Simply cut open the top of the container, and use a zip tie or string to attach it to your lawn mower. Watch: Plastic Water Container Tool Caddy
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- Aqua Step Waterproof Flooring
- Home Depot
- Quick n Brite: Non-toxic, Biodegradable & Eco-friendly Cleaners
- United Coatings Rhino Top Textured Coating