Any product that saves energy or natural resources is worth considering for your home, and these toilets and hot water heaters that I found at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show certainly fall into that category.
- Water Saving Toilets: Recent innovations in toilet technology have lead to great advances in the amount of water toilet use. While toilets in the past used up to 3 gallons per flush, recent regulations have cut that consumption down to a maximum of 1.6 gallons. Newly designed hardware and trap designs allow some toilets to use 1.2 gallons or less per flush.
- Solar Hot Water Heaters: DIY-friendly solar hot water heaters from Fafco are made of polymer rather than copper, and are easy to install. With water heating saving of up to 50%, solar water heaters like this can recoup their cost in as little as 2-4 years.
- Tankless Hot Water Heaters: Tankless water heaters use less energy than traditional tank water heaters, are small enough to be installed in the space between two studs, and can deliver up to seven gallons of hot water per minute.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Water Saving Toilets (video)
- Convert Existing Toilets to Dual Flush to Save Water (video)
- Choosing a Hot Water Heater (article)
- Tankless Water Heaters (video)