The name Terminix goes hand-in-hand with termite treatment. This full-service pest control business has almost a century of experience serving homeowners nationwide. Whether you’re struggling with cockroaches, wasps, or an ant infestation or want to avoid dealing with pests in the future, Terminix can help.
Read on to learn more about the company, its costs, and how it stacks up against some of the best pest control companies in the industry.
Terminix Pros and Cons
- Covers 13 common pests in its general pest control plan
- Offers wildlife control to remove animals like raccoons and skunks
- Performs extra treatments at no additional cost if pests return between scheduled treatments
- Doesn’t perform free inspections for all pest problems
- Excludes carpenter, fire, pharaoh and tawny crazy ants from its standard plan
- Single-service applications for things like bed bugs or roaches can be expensive
What does Terminix Spray for?
Terminix sprays for 13 common household pests.
How Much Does Terminix Cost?
Terminix's General Pest Control Plan costs $456.00 per year.
What is Terminix Rated by the BBB?
Terminix has a A rating and over 1,000 customer reviews.
What Pest Control Services Does Terminix Offer?
Unlike some of its competitors, Terminix offers many versatile plans to suit a variety of homeowners’ needs. In addition to its general pest control plan, the provider offers specialized plans that target mosquitoes, ticks, termites, and bed bugs. Take a detailed look at each plan below.
Terminix’s General Pest Control Plan
Terminix’s general pest control plan sprays for 13 common household pests, including cockroaches, silverfish, millipedes and centipedes. It allows homeowners to schedule bi-monthly or quarterly service. Terminix backs its treatments with a pest-free satisfaction guarantee, meaning if you see bugs in between scheduled visits, the provider will come back to re-treat your home for free.
Terminix’s Quick Guard Mosquito Service
For those that live in an area with a large mosquito population, the Quick Guard Mosquito service is an ideal solution. If you’ve ever had a dinner party that had to move inside due to mosquito swarms or been bitten alive after an evening outdoor barbecue, Terminix can help solve this problem.
The mosquito treatment plan depends on where you live and how bad the mosquito issue is. The best pest control companies in the industry will always thoroughly inspect the residence to determine the best plan; Terminix included
With the Quick Guard Mosquito Service plan, Terminix will come to your home and thoroughly inspect the property. All areas that are considered breeding grounds for mosquitos will be identified. Your Terminix representative then creates a customized QuickGuard treatment program to rid the mosquitos.
Most homeowners notice that the QuickGuard treatment starts working almost immediately, quickly reducing the mosquito population. However, monthly applications may be necessary when mosquitoes are most active in the summer.
Terminix’s Tick Defend System
Not all companies in the pest control industry offer a tick treatment, but Terminix does. With the Tick Defend System, you won’t need to worry about a monthly service contract. Instead, this is a four-step process that involves treating the current infestation of ticks and protecting an area around the home.
The Terminix service technician walks customers through all the details to help them understand the process and how to configure the Tick Defend System to work properly. During the treatment itself, the technician uses a unique liquid and granular treatment to protect against the harmful pest. There are options for single-tick treatments, but those won’t have the same long-term effectiveness, and the prices are considerably higher.
Terminix’s Termite Control
Terminix helps customers protect their homes with its OneGuard Termite Protection System, which includes the following four steps:
- Inspection — Terminix performs a free termite inspection to check for signs of termite damage in your home’s crawl space and foundation.
- Bait station installation — After the initial inspection, professionals will install a series of bait stations around the perimeter of your home.
- Termite protection —These bait stations will go to work, spreading the substance throughout the colony and eliminating pests.
- Annual termite service — Terminix conducts yearly inspections to monitor termite activity and ensure there are no signs of a termite infestation. If activity is spotted, Terminix will resolve the pest issue at no cost to you.
Terminix’s Bed Bug Removal
If you suspect a bed bug infestation in your home, Terminix can send a service technician to conduct a thorough home inspection. If bed bugs are found, treatment will be scheduled as soon as possible. Terminix will then eliminate your infestation using a variety of effective treatment methods.
- Pyrethrin sprays
- Steam treatments
- Crack and crevice applications
- Heat treatments
- Perimeter sprays
The provider will also install monitoring devices to keep the infestation under control and will schedule a post-treatment follow up for added peace of mind.
How Much Does Terminix Cost?
The cost of your Terminix treatment plan will vary based on many factors. Take a look at what impacts your pest control quote below:
- Infestation — The overall cost of your pest control treatment will go up the more severe your infestation is, and vice versa.
- Types of pests — Certain pests cost more than others to eliminate. For example, it’s typically more expensive to exterminate rats than smaller bugs, such as roaches.
- Size of your home — The bigger the home, the more expensive your treatment plan will be, as the Terminix technician will need to cover more area.
- Number of treatments — The more treatments your infestation requires, the more expensive your plan will be.
To give you a better idea of what Terminix’s plans cost, we secretly shopped for some of the provider’s plans. Here are the quotes we received for each plan for a 2,274 square-foot home in Atlanta, Georgia.
|General Pest Control Plan||$456.00 per year|
|Quick Guard Mosquito Service||$149.00 per treatment|
|Tick Defend System||$199.00 per treatment|
What Can You Expect When Scheduling an Inspection with Terminix?
When you call the Terminix phone number to schedule an inspection, there are a few things that the inspector needs to know. Before calling, ensure you fully understand the issue and its location to adequately convey this to the representative.
If you aren’t sure you have a termite infestation, termite activity, carpenter ants, or simply wood rot, communicate this to Terminix. The more they know about the issue, the better they can handle it. Prepare the following information for your Terminix customer service representative when calling:
- Phone number
- ZIP code
- Type of home (condo, townhome, single-family, etc.)
- Size of home (approximate square footage)
- Payment type
- Credit or debit card number and expiration date
What States Does Terminix Serve?
Terminix is one of the country’s most popular pest control companies. Whether you’re looking for a Terminix technician to complete a termite inspection or you simply want a solution for rodent control or mosquitos, you can access this service in 47 out of 50 states.
The only states that don’t have availability for Terminix are Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
How to Get a Quote from Terminix
Getting a quote is easy with Terminix. The provider offers instant online quotes for most of their treatment plans, including their general Pest Control Plan, Quick Guard Mosquito Service and Tick Defend System. However, some plans require an in-home inspection, which is typically free of charge.
If you’re interested in a pest management plan from Terminix, fill out this quick form or give them a phone call at 866-569-4035.
Terminix Customer Reviews
Terminix isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau but has a A rating and over 1,000 customer reviews from the site. Although the company operates local branches, we pulled information from the page for Terminix’s headquarters in Memphis. Here are a few BBB customer reviews from the company’s site.
Terminix vs. Other Pest Control Companies
|Company||Our Take||BBB Rating||Annual Cost|
|Terminix||Best Termite Control||A||$550+|
|Orkin||Best Comprehensive Plan||A+||$575+|
|Hawx||Best Mosquito Plan||B||$415+|
Read more here: Orkin vs. Terminix: Cost, Services, & Reviews | Which is Better?
So, Is Terminix the Best Pest Control Provider for Your Home?
Terminix pest control company can help with mosquito swarms, termite control, rodent problems, and beyond. Thanks to its wide range of services, impressive customer interactions, and overall fair pricing, it’s our top choice for best pest control companies. However, when searching for the best pest control services, you should always get a few quotes and choose the best service for you.
FAQs: Terminix Reviews
How fast does Terminix work?
Most pest control applications can take up to a few days to start working, while fully eradicating your bug problem may take a bit longer. Most exterminators recommend following up after a week or two if the problem persists.
Is Terminix more expensive than other pest control companies?
Terminix isn’t more expensive than other pest control companies. In fact, we were quoted $456 for a yearly plan, which falls in line with the pest control industry average of between $300 and $500.
Does Terminix work in the winter?
Terminix does work in the winter. In fact, the provider recommends maintaining pest control services during the colder months to protect your home from rodents, roaches and other active bugs in the winter. However, some services like mosquito treatment aren’t needed during the winter months.
What is the size of a Terminix container?
Terminix sells a variety of containers to help you trap pests on your own. For example, the provider sells glue mouse traps about 5 inches by 8 inches, and moth traps around 5 inches by 12 inches.
Are Terminix's methods natural?
Although there are times that Terminix may use natural pest controls to eradicate a specific pest, the overall process isn’t considered natural. Speak with your Terminix provider to ensure that you’re comfortable with the pesticide application and its location. All technicians that work with Terminix are highly qualified in their field and have licenses and certifications.
Methodology: How We Ranked The Best Pest Control Companies
At Today’s Homeowner, we strive to bring you the most transparent, accurate information for your home improvement and maintenance projects. To that end, we have researched the top pest control companies so you can choose the right one to keep your home pest free.
Our ratings are based on publicly available information about each company, secret shopping online and over the phone, and in-depth customer review analysis.
A company can earn a maximum of 100 points across five categories, converted to a five-star scale. We researched and analyzed dozens of the nation’s best pest control companies and developed the following formula:
- Plan Options (25 points): We looked at the variety and quality of each company’s service plans when determining this factor’s score. The number of pest removal plans and the variety of pests covered by these plans all impacted their score.
- State Availability (10 points): We ranked companies based on the total number of states they operated in.
- Trustworthiness (25 points): Reputation and trustworthiness are essential when evaluating a pest control company. As such, we thoroughly inspected each company’s background, reviews, and industry ratings. This included checking their Better Business Bureau Ranking (BBB), business history, and customer feedback and ratings from Google, Yelp, and other industry-related websites, when applicable.
- Customer service (25 points): A company's ability to communicate and provide direct, speedy responses is essential for creating a good customer experience. With this in mind, we looked at each company’s availability, responsiveness, and available means of communication (online chat, phone number, email, response form, etc.).
- Additional Benefits (15 points): We looked at supporting services offered by each company when calculating this factor’s score. Additional benefits like a mobile app, available product details, how easy those details are to find, and the ability to request callbacks all contributed to this score.
We monitor company data on an ongoing basis to keep rankings and information up to date.