Terminix is one of the leaders in the pest control industry with almost a century of experience serving homeowners across the country. The provider offers multiple pest control plans that protect you from pests like cockroaches, wasps and termites.
Read on to learn more about the company, its plan costs and how it stacks up against some of the best pest control companies in the industry.
Terminix Pros and Cons
✓ Covers 13 common pests in its general pest control plan
✓ Offers wildlife control to remove animals like raccoons and skunks
✓ Performs extra treatments at no additional cost if pests return between scheduled treatments
✘ Doesn’t perform free inspections for all pest problems
✘ Excludes carpenter, fire, pharaoh and tawny crazy ants from its standard plan
What Pest Control Services Does Terminix Offer?
Unlike some of its competitors, Terminix offers many versatile plans to suit a variety of homeowners’ needs. In addition to its general Pest Control Plan, the provider offers specialized plans that target mosquitoes, ticks, termites and bed bugs. Take a detailed look at each plan below.
Terminix’s General Pest Control Plan
Terminix’s general Pest Control Plan sprays for 13 common household pests, including cockroaches, silverfish, millipedes and centipedes. It also allows homeowners to schedule bi-monthly or quarterly service. Terminix backs its treatments with a pest-free satisfaction guarantee, meaning if you see bugs in between scheduled visits, the provider will come back to re-treat your home for free.
Terminix’s Quick Guard Mosquito Service
Terminix offers mosquito treatment on a month-to-month or as-needed basis. If you opt for the Quick Guard Mosquito Service, you’ll receive monthly service during the mosquito season to eliminate the pest and their breeding sites. The pest control company also offers a one-time service that sprays and applies granular lawn pesticides to eliminate mosquitoes for weeks.
Terminix’s Tick Defend System
Similar to its mosquito treatment plan, Terminix also offers recurring or one-time tick treatment. The treatment targets all tick species found throughout the country, keeping you and your pets safe from nasty bites. The provider also uses a unique liquid and granular treatment to protect against the harmful pest.
Terminix’s Termite Control
Terminix helps customers protect their homes with its OneGuard Termite Protection System, which includes the following four steps:
- Inspection—Terminix performs a free termite inspection to check for signs of termite damage in your home’s crawl space and foundation.
- Bait station installation—After the initial inspection, professionals will install a series of bait stations around the perimeter of your home.
- Termite protection—These bait stations will go to work, spreading the substance throughout the colony and eliminating pests.
- Annual termite service—Terminix conducts yearly inspections to monitor termite activity and ensure there are no signs of a termite infestation. If activity is spotted, Terminix will resolve the pest issue at no cost to you.
Terminix’s Bed Bug Removal
If you suspect a bed bug infestation in your home, Terminix can send a service technician to conduct a thorough home inspection. If bed bugs are found, treatment will be scheduled as soon as possible. Terminix will then eliminate your infestation using a variety of effective treatment methods. The provider will also install monitoring devices to keep the infestation under control and will schedule a post-treatment follow up for added peace of mind.
Additional Pest Control Resources
- The Best Pest Control Companies of 2023
- Typical Cost of Pest Control
- Typical Cost of Bed Bug Extermination
- Typical Cost of Rat Extermination
- Typical Cost of Mice Extermination
- Typical Cost of Wasp Extermination
- Orkin Pest Control Review
How Much Does Terminix Cost?
The cost of your Terminix treatment plan will vary based on many factors. Take a look at what impacts your pest control quote below:
- Infestation—The overall cost of your pest control treatment will go up the more severe your infestation is, and vice versa.
- Types of pests—Certain pests cost more than others to eliminate. For example, it’s typically more expensive to exterminate rats than smaller bugs, such as roaches.
- Size of your home—The bigger the home, the more expensive your treatment plan will be, as the Terminix technician will need to cover more area.
- Number of treatments—The more treatments your infestation requires, the more expensive your plan will be.
To give you a better idea of what Terminix’s plans cost, we secretly shopped for some of the provider’s plans. Here are the quotes we received for each plan for a 2,274 square-foot home in Atlanta, Georgia.
|General Pest Control Plan||$456.00 per year|
|Quick Guard Mosquito Service||$149.00 per treatment|
|Tick Defend System||$199.00 per treatment|
How to Get a Quote from Terminix
Getting a quote is easy with Terminix. The provider offers instant online quotes for most of their treatment plans, including their general Pest Control Plan, Quick Guard Mosquito Service and Tick Defend System. However, some plans require an in-home inspection, which is typically free of charge.
Terminix Customer Reviews
Terminix isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau but has a B+ rating and over 1,000 customer reviews from the site. Although the company operates local branches, we pulled information from the page for Terminix’s headquarters in Memphis. Here are a few BBB customer reviews from the company’s site.
“This company has great communication! The service has been on time every time. And they really seem to care. Thanks Terminix.”
—Lee J. on 3/16/2020
“Technicians are very respectful to my property and to me. Thorough. They inspect and treat everything. I love the fact that I can see online when they will [begin] [to] treat again. I’ve read some reviews where people complain of the cost, but it is pretty much the standard rate. I do not regret choosing Terminix.”
—Shelley V. on 05/10/2019
”Did not renew as price for service was unreasonable. They called me; I told them I’m not renewing. A few days later I got a letter from them stating I renewed. They tried to take my money directly from my bank without my authorization. I had to put a stop payment … “
—Jim H. on 10/22/2021
So, Is Terminix the Best Pest Control Provider for Your Home?
Going with a comprehensive pest control provider helps give you peace of mind that you and your family are safe and comfortable in your own home. While there are many quality pest companies out there, we recommend Terminix, Orkin, and Bulwark. Specifically, our top provider is Terminix, as they’ve established themselves as a trusted and experienced provider that offers a range of services to fit your needs.
FAQ: Terminix Reviews
How fast does Terminix work?
Most pest control applications can take up to a few days to start working, while fully eradicating your bug problem may take a bit longer. Most exterminators recommend following up after a week or two if the problem persists.
Is Terminix more expensive than other pest control companies?
Terminix isn’t more expensive than other pest control companies. In fact, we were quoted $456 for a yearly plan, which falls in line with the pest control industry average of between $300 and $500.
Does Terminix work in the winter?
Terminix does work in the winter. In fact, the provider recommends maintaining pest control services during the colder months to protect your home from rodents, roaches and other active bugs in the winter. However, some services like mosquito treatment aren’t needed during the winter months.
What is the size of a Terminix container?
Terminix sells a variety of containers to help you trap pests on your own. For example, the provider sells glue mouse traps about 5 inches by 8 inches, and moth traps around 5 inches by 12 inches.
Methodology: How We Evaluated Terminix Against Our Pest Control Review Criteria
To aid consumers in finding the best pest control company, our reviews team researched popular regional and national providers, comparing and analyzing their state availability, experience, guarantees and customer service, among other factors:
- Availability: Providers available in 45 states were awarded the most points, while those in fewer states received lower scores.
- Experience: Years of business in the pest control industry was an important factor. We gave more points to companies with lengthier histories and awarded fewer points to newer companies.
- Reputation: To gauge companies’ practices and trustworthiness, we scored companies based on their ratings on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), rewarding more points to companies with a higher BBB rating.
- Guarantees: The pest control providers were also scored on whether or not they offered money-back, specified time window and other guarantees to protect customers from unsatisfactory treatments and no-shows for service appointments.
Our team keeps the data points for these criteria updated based on any changes to these pest control companies’ availability, experience, reputation and guarantees. This ongoing effort ensures that we can provide accurate scores and information for homeowners.