Painting an old wicker chair is an easy DIY project that can breathe new life into old furniture. Here’s how to go about it.
- Use an air compressor to blow off all the dirt and dust from the cracks between the caning.
- Scrub the chair down with denatured alcohol to clean the surface.
- Use a hot glue gun to reattach any loose caning.
- Apply several light coats of spray paint to the chair.
- Make sure the paint has dried completely before using the chair. Directing a fan on the chair for a few hours will help speed up the drying process.
- Save any leftover paint to use for touch-up later.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.
Comments are closed.