When choosing stepping stones for your yard, try to match the type of stepping stone to the architecture and style of your house.
To install stepping stones in your yard:
- Position stepping stones at the proper spacing and location in your yard.
- Use a shovel or trowel to mark an outline around each stone.
- Move the stepping stones, and dig holes to the depth of the stones.
- Position the stones in the holes so they’re level with the ground (a layer of sand can be added under each stones to aid in leveling).
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Create a Path in Your Yard with Stepping Stones (video)
- Stepping Stones: 6 Steps to the Perfect Path (article)
- How to Create Personalized Stepping Stones (video)
- How to Choose Between Brick and Concrete Pavers (video)
- How to Pour a Concrete Walkway in Your Yard (video)
Tricia Craven Worley: Choosing stepping stones is a lot like picking wall covering for your house, it’s very individual and there are lots and lots of selections. You know stepping stones are a very inexpensive way to create a path through your garden, a lot less expensive than say pouring a whole layer of concrete.
Now stepping stones, you want to have them be level with the ground. And I suggest that you put them where you want to lay them out, outline them; and then, after you move them, cut out to the depth that they are. You might put in a little bit of sand to level it, and then put the stone in. This way nobody’s going to trip.
Now, stepping stones of course, I think it’s a good idea to match them to the architecture of your house. You might be using brick or flagstone or pavers. Or in this instance a really nice, aggregate that’s in the concrete. Now, here there’s a path that’s created going up a rise, it’s very, very effective and very nice way to create a path in your garden.
on your march 19th 2016 show there was a commercial for a spray to control spiders. what was the name of that product?
Hi, Joseph, it was Miss Muffet’s Revenge Spider Killer by Wet & Forget. Here’s a link for product info: http://www.wetandforget.com/product_miss_muffets_revenge.html