Creating personalized stepping stones for your yard can be a great family DIY project. All you need is an old 5-gallon bucket to use for the form and a bag of premixed concrete. Once the concrete has been poured, you can personalize each stepping stone by adding decorations and handprints.
To make DIY personalized stepping stones for your yard:
- Clean a 5-gallon bucket, and cut it down to size with a jigsaw to use as a form.
- Apply lubricating oil to the inside of the bucket to keep the concrete from sticking to the form.
- Mix up enough premixed concrete with water to fill the form.
- Use a piece of scrap lumber to smooth and level the concrete even with the top of the form.
- Personalize the stepping stone while still wet with stones, handprints, or other decorations.
- Once the concrete has set, remove the stepping stone from the form.
- Dig shallow holes in your yard the size of the stepping stone, and set them in place.
Comments are closed.