A wood trellis makes a great addition to a wall or fence. Here’s how to go about making a wood fan trellis for your yard:
- Stack five 8′ long pressure treated 1×2’s and secure one end together with screws or bolts.
- Lay the stack on a hard flat surface, and nail or screw another 1×2 to the center board in the stack a foot or so from the top of the trellis.
- Fan out each of the two outer trellis pieces to the distance desired and nail or screw them to the cross member.
- Attach additional cross members at the desired height, alternating the sides of the trellis.
- Position the base of the structure in the ground.
- Plant lightweight vines, such as jasmine or honeysuckle, at the base of the trellis.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.
Comments are closed.