In the first of our two-part backyard makeover series, we worked with a landscape architect to develop a master plan for the large yard which will include a playground, hot tub, and deck.
Projects tackled in the first part of our backyard makeover include:
- Composite Deck: A spacious deck was constructed off the back of the house using pressure treated wood framing and TimberTech composite decking and steps.
- Composite Deck Railing: The hand railing and posts around the deck were also made from TimberTech composite material to keep them looking great for years to come.
- Vinyl Fence: A low maintenance vinyl privacy fence was installed around the perimeter of the yard.
- Storage Shed: A 10’ x 14’ storage building was constructed in the back of the lot to provide 140 square feet of storage space for lawn equipment and gardening tools.
- DIY Composite Deck Installation (video)
- Choosing the Right Fence (article)