The Ames Razor-Back line of professional grade tools includes a shovel, bow rake, and tamper. They’re made of heavy-duty steel construction with padded handles to make them both durable and easy to use.
- Shovel: Heavy gauge, tempered steel construction with an extended socket for the fiberglass handle and a wider step platform.
- Bow Rake: One-piece, forged, 15-tine tempered steel rake with extra long fiberglass handle.
- Tamper: One-piece steel construction with 10”x 10” tamp and ergonomic cushion grip handle.
Ames Razor-Back tools are available at The Home Depot. Watch this video to find out more.
- Ames EZ-Pour Wheelbarrow (video)
- How to Sharpen and Maintain Garden Tools (article)
Jodi Marks: You may think that a shovel is a shovel and that a rake is a rake, but not necessarily. Take a look at the new line that’s rolled out by Ames, this is their Razor-Back line. And we’ve got a shovel, a rake, and we also have a tamp that they’ve added to their line.
But I’m just going to kind of nutshell it for you. All of these tools have steel construction. They’re heavy-duty. They’re professional grade. So you can use them out on the job or you can bring them home and use them in your own yard.
What I like the best about the shovel here is, look at this extra long extended socket. So that’s going to give you more leverage when you’re trying to pry up anything. And also look at this step here, you’ve got a wider platform so that you can have more push when you’re trying to break difficult soil.
This has also been reinforced as well, and all of them have this padded handle, which I really like, and even the tamp. This is the first time, I’ve seen a tamp really with a padded handle. This is all one-piece construction, so you know you’re getting a durable product.
It’s really strong. Like I said it’s professional grade, and it’s going to bang out those outdoor projects in no time.