SavATree is a lawn care and tree care company with more than three decades of experience. If you are hiring a landscape management company to come in and handle everything from tree service to ticks to shrub fertilization, SavATree could be a good fit. Take a look at our SavATree review to find out more about this company.
Pros & Cons of SavATree
- Has been in business since 1978
- Locations in 29 states
- Certified arborists on staff for residential and commercial tree needs
- Services vary from one state to the next
- No clear pricing on the website, need to schedule a consultation
SavATree gets a 3.2 rating from the Today’s Homeowner team. We are impressed with its overall ability to handle tree work with only the highest quality professionals. In addition, the large landscape project capability and commercial work in addition to residential work set SavATree apart.
SavATree also earned the “Best for Landscaping” award because of its extensive options for large tree and shrub maintenance and treatment. Whether you need pruning, removal, fertilization, disease treatment, or more, SavATree has the equipment and the staff that can help.
SavATree Services and Plan Options
SavATree certainly takes a more in-depth and specialist-type approach to the lawn care business. Many companies focus on a simple mow and go strategy, and you will find anything but that with the great team from SavATree. The SavATree employees are highly trained plant health care specialists. Many are also certified arborists and climbers to help with the more advanced services they offer.
The SavATree team will come to your property for a full inspection and look for key areas that may need attention. These can include:
- Cabling & Bracing
- Nutrient Deficiencies
It’s important to remember that the lawn care services offered by SavATree will vary depending on your location. The company is based in Bedford Hills, New York, but there are independent locations in 27 states. Although SavATree is mainly considered a tree company, there are other services they can offer. Each plan will depend on your property’s specific needs, but here is a bit more information on the services provided by SavATree.
- Tree Services: Tree services are the heart of the business for SavATree. The company has accreditation from the Tree Care Industry Association as well as the International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborists. The services for tree work include tree trimming, tree removal, tree pruning, tree disease management, tree fertilizing, tree cabling, and bracing.
- Shrub Care: Shrubs will benefit from the same attention that an arborist from a professional tree company can give trees. If you are in the market for shrub fertilization, shrub pruning, shrub disease treatment, and even organic shrub care, SavATree can help.
- Lawn Care: SavATree has several different lawn care programs to choose from. Everything from organic lawn care to integrated lawn care to hybrid lawn care can be included as part of your plan. Remember that if you are living in Denver, CO, or Westchester, NY, the variation of SavATree services will be quite broad. Talk to the local team members to see if these lawn care programs are available in your area.
|SavATree Lawn Care Programs||What Is Included|
|Organic Lawn Care||100% organic lawn care program|
Safe for children and pets
Still includes fertilization
All plans are customized to the needs of your property
|Integrated Lawn Care||FertilizingWeed control|
Surface insect control
|Hybrid Lawn Care||Mix of organic products and synthetic materials|
Spot treatment for weedsOrganic fertilizer
Customer controls organic vs. non-organic treatment of the property
|All Nutrient Lawn Care||Turf nutrition program|
Can be combined with a DIY mowing and trimming plan
Helps lawns that are already in good condition
- Tick Control: ticks on your property can be an issue for children and pets, and it must be controlled at the earliest convenience. SavATree uses an organic tick spray with cedar oil. The cedar oil is an organic treatment and will give homeowners peace of mind that no residue can harm other life on the property.
- Deer Repellent: as beautiful as it can be to see a deer on your property, they are known for destroying landscaping. The deer services from SavATree start with creating a border or barrier around the area that you need to be protected. The company will then use a combination of sound and taste/smell repellents to keep deer from your property. Landscaping service companies don’t typically offer deer repellent, so this is an excellent addition.
- Commercial Services and Consulting: with the experience that SavATree as they are known for being a good company for commercial services as well. Whether you are looking for a consultation about a tree or shrub or looking for help with maintaining a large-scale commercial or industrial property, SavATree has the education and company size to help make this a possibility.
One of the disappointing things about www.savatree.com is that it does not list the pricing for the services that it offers. There are a few reasons behind this, but the biggest is that each location has a unique set of services. Some areas may only offer tree work, while others may have a combination of aeration, landscape management, and tick control.
The cost of your SavATree plan will vary depending on the services you are looking for. Sometimes this company gets a reputation of being expensive. However, it is essential to consider the overall education levels of the professionals that work for SavATree, and the detailed and complicated work they complete. Cutting grass is an entirely different service than saving and rehabilitating a 50-year-old tree.
SavATree Availability & Locations
SavATree is located in 29 different states. However, within those states, independent locations could vary in the services they offer. The best thing you can do is to contact the phone number on the local SavATree website and explain to them what you are looking to have done. There is also an online form that you can fill out that provides a positive experience.
SavATree was founded in New York, and you will still find locations there, but the company has spread and grown considerably since the start.
Here are the states where you will find the SavATree services available:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C.
What To Expect From SavATree
Depending on the type of service you are looking for from SavATree, the experience with the company can vary. However, they will offer a free quote for any potential work you need done, and the quote typically happens quickly after calling in for services.
With the SavATree lawn care services, you can expect the first part of this process to start with a soil analysis. There is typically much more going on under the surface of your turf than above it. Soil samples will be taken and then sent to a laboratory to measure things like organic matter, PH levels, and compaction. The arborist from SavATree that meets you at your property will explain any glaring issues they can see.
The next part of the process is a customized plan for your property. Unlike other lawn providers that offer just one or two options for customers, and no ability to customize, SavATree allows you complete customization. The soil sample will be taken into consideration, as well as your interest in organic treatments or non-organic treatments.
Finally, SavATree ensures that you are happy with the program’s results by offering a customer satisfaction guarantee. Communication between upper management, the arborist, and the homeowner is quite good, which has helped improve overall ratings and reviews for the company.
SavATree Customer Reviews
Customer reviews can give you a clear look into what it will be like when you are a customer of SavATree. Reviews should always be looked at and thought about from both sides of the story; sometimes, customers’ expectations are unrealistic, and sometimes companies fail to deliver. Here are a few SavATree reviews to help you better understand what this company has to offer.
“This is the best lawn service and tree service company; we’ve been using them for at least 10 years. Our lawn looks beautiful, and they treat for weeds on our rock border. Also, we’ve had trees planted and trimmed. Their arborists do a fabulous job. Everyone is very nice and courteous and helpful—excellent customer service.”– Susan S.
“All I can say is WOW!!!! This company is amazing!!! They removed 7 trees and trimmed a bunch more, and we are delighted!! And they trimmed. All the dead beaches are gone, and I mean ALL on many, many trees!! It really made a huge difference in our landscape. VERY PLEASED. We’ll be back”.– Kasey
“I’ve just started a 7 treatment plan with them. So far, everything seems to be going OK. I’m hoping to green up my front yard. I’ll have to update this post after the growing season gets into full swing (it’s the beginning of April as I write this). My only small complaint is that I feel like they’re trying to upsell me on lots of other expensive add-ons. The 7 treatment plan alone is expensive enough.”–Josh G.
Is SavATree worth it?
The one thing that truly sets SavATree apart from other tree, shrub, and lawn care companies is the use of certified arborists to take care of their customers. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to train to become an arborist and then for SavATree to put together a crew that can help with the needs of your property. For complex issues and more advanced tree work, this company has a strong reputation.
The only thing that can be a little difficult is the way that each of the individual locations offers unique services. If you are looking for weed control and mowing, you may be disappointed to find that your local SavATree only offers tree care. The best thing to do here is to reach out to the location nearest you.
We hope our SavATree review has given you a better understanding of what SavATree has to offer. The company has a strong reputation and a good history in the business. For large tree work, and the advice of a certified professional arborist, SavATree is an excellent choice. If SavATree is not offered in your area, or you would like an additional quote from a well-known provider, give TruGreen a call. TruGreen has more locations than SavATree and can offer clear payment packages that fit your budget’s needs.
Local Lawn Care
If you are looking for local lawn care in your area, simply provide your zip code, and you will be matched with providers that specifically service your area.
- Company name: SavATree
- Company type: Lawn and Tree Care Company
- CEO: Carmine Schiavone
- Year founded: 1978
- State availability: 29
- BBB Rating: F
Frequently Asked Questions About SavATree
How much is SavATree?
Unfortunately, the pricing for SavATree is not available on the company website. With so many different locations and a variety of services, SavATree is not a provider that has consistent pricing across the board. Depending on labor costs in your area and permitting, fuel and fees, you will see variations in costs.
Is SavATree’s services/products Organic/natural?
SavATree has several organic and natural programs for homeowners to choose from. The company has many certified arborists on staff, so all employees are interested in conservation and proper wildlife management.
Is SavATree’s services/products pet safe?
SavATree offers an organic lawn care plan that can work for many homeowners. They also offer hybrid plans that will combine a mostly organic plan with something like synthetic weed control. With this plan, customers can choose how organic they want their treatment.
Does SavATree’s product/service kill weeds?
Some of the SavATree locations will offer weed control. If there are options for lawn care service from SavATree in your area, they will typically also provide weed control. Weed control is not organic and will be a synthetic spot treatment that targets the issue directly.
Today's Homeowner’s Rating Methodology
At Today's Homeowner, transparency and trust are our most important values for the reader. That’s why we took the time to create an objective rating system and score each lawn company/service according to our methodology.
Our research team dug deep into the fine print of contracts, combed through more than one hundred customer reviews, and thoroughly investigated all of each lawn care service’s services, costs, and products. We’ve done the homework for you by researching nearly all of the lawn care companies on the market so you can have the information you need to make the best choice for your home.
We developed a formula to objectively determine the best lawn care companies and give each a score out of 100 based on the following criteria:
- Plan Options (30): Do they provide a variety of plan options? We looked at the number of plans each company offered and the flexibility of adjusting the plan.
- Services offered (20): How many services are offered in each plan? We looked at the number of lawn care coverages, including weed control, seeding, irrigation, aeration, dethatching, and more.
- Trust (10): What do customers say after their lawn has been serviced? Does this company offer a guarantee? We considered how satisfied customers are post-service if the company does what it says it will, BBB accreditation, and service guarantees.
- Prices (10): How reasonable are the costs of the plan or service in comparison to the industry average? We compared the costs of each company to competitors that offer the same lawn services.
- Unique perks (10): Does the company offer discounts or special services such as organic treatments, pest control, or a mobile app? We looked for perks each company offers that set them apart from the competition.
- Customer Service (10): How is the customer experience when contacting the company? We considered the speed of response, weekend/holiday availability, and ease of communication through phone calls, email, and online chat functions.
- Nationwide availability (10): How many states does the company offer its services? Companies that operate nationally and in all zip codes are favored over those with limited availability.