Whether you enjoy time outdoors or simply don’t have the financial means to hire a lawn care company, Lawnbright and Sunday can make DIY lawn care much more manageable. Lawnbright and Sunday are leaders in DIY lawn care products. They have simple systems in place that make this process seamless and safe for your family. If you have been searching for the best lawn care companies to help take your yard to the next level, either of these options could be a good fit.
When we compare Lawnbright vs. Sunday, you will see that the things your lawn needs to be healthy could be much more involved than you may think. Lawnbright and Sunday become your partner in this project and set up a lawn care program that may help you enjoy spending more time in your yard. Let’s take a closer look into which of these is a better solution, has more product choices, and will help with the eco-friendly aspect as well.
Compare Lawnbright vs. Sunday
|State availability||50 States||50 States|
|Online chat options||No||No|
Lawnbright vs. Sunday
Lawnbright and Sunday are lawn care subscription services that will help ensure you have a green lawn that is pest free. When it comes to lawn mowing, trimming, and growing, you will still be on your own. However, Lawnbright and Sunday products will make your yard look as though you have a professional lawn care provider.
There are some major differences between these two brands, and they are worth noting before you choose which is best for you.
Lawnbright is a relatively new customized lawn products subscription service that was founded in 2021. The Lawnbright product line and overall system of taking care of customers is very similar, almost identical to Sunday. Lawnbright products are available in all states, and they currently have not been rated with the BBB. With Lawnbright, you won’t have to worry about harsh chemicals and lawn treatment plans that put pets and children in danger. In fact, most of the ingredients used in these products will be things you have around your home already.
There are several different product options to choose from with Lawnbright, but all subscriptions start with a soil test kit. The test kit will take a look at what nutrients your soil may be missing and how this can be remedied with the proper chemicals. All lawn care treatment products are sent in convenient nutrient pouches that simply attach to your hose for quick application. A few things that help Lawnbright stand out include the introduction of a weed pre-emergent that has natural ingredients, mosquito control, and a pest spot treatment product.
Sunday Lawn Care had a few years’ head start on Lawnbright. They have been in the market since 2019 and are very experienced in this service and the simple process they have implemented. If you want a lush lawn, Sunday will create a custom lawn care plan based on your lawn size and budget. Sunday uses satellite imagery to determine the size of your property and put together a package of natural products that will cover your entire yard.
Even though Sunday Lawn Care is still a relatively new name in the DIY lawn service niche, they have a strong reputation and presence. Before Sunday, homeowners were trying to determine how to prevent crabgrass and dandelion on their own, and it wasn’t working out quite well. Sunday’s analysis of your soil conditions proves to be really effective, and the timing of their maintenance schedule helps prepare your turf for the growing season. Since this is a DIY product sold in a subscription box, it is going to be considerably lower in cost than hiring a local lawn care provider to handle your lawn care needs.
Lawnbright vs. Sunday Services and Plans
Although Lawnbright and Sunday have quite a few similarities regarding services and plans, some key differences are worth considering. The lawn care subscription service is a unique way to keep your lawn in great shape. However, every lawn is different, and the ability to choose these a la carte options for your turf will make this process worth it.
Lawnbright Plans and Services
All Lawnbright plans and services start with an in-depth soil analysis. The soil sample is sent to Lawnbright and analyzed to determine what pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers are necessary to help your lawn green up and look healthy. The Lawnbright plans and services are split into several different categories, including:
- Lawn care plans
- Broadleaf weed control
- Mosquito and tick
- Pet spot control
- Fertilization (or boost/survival packs)
With the Lawnbright lawn care plan, the subscription is set up over the course of the year, and you will receive packages at times throughout the year when you need to start applying the product. Depending on when you sign up, there will be a spring kit that has soil conditions and lawn fertilizer to prepare for the busy growing season. This first box also comes with the sprayer attachment for your hose; you will want to hang on to this for future shipments.
The summer box has a boost for your turf created with Sea Green Kelp. The product encourages deep rooting and a bit of a nutrition bump for your tired summer lawn. There is then a third box that will come to you in the fall that will have some end-of-season fertilizers and help with the winter survival of your turf.
Everything that Lawnbright uses is natural fertilizers. There is no box to check to help keep your dogs and kids safe; they don’t even deal with products that are considered unsafe or harmful. However, fertilization and soil health will not keep specific bugs, pests, and fungus away. This is why Lawnbright also has additional products that you can order to support turf health.
- Organic Pre-emergent Weed Control ($67 for 3000sq ft): Weed Wipeout is an organic pre-emergent weed control that targets dandelions, curly dock, purslane, giant foxtail, quackgrass, clover, and more. Most pre-emergent weed control is not made with organic products, and this has been a big selling point for Lawnbright. The pre-emergent weed control must be placed on the turf before the weed appears. If you do not apply pre-emergent, you will be dealing with post-emergent weed control which is much more challenging to take care of.
- Organic Mosquito and Tick Control ($35): Yard Control can be purchased as a monthly subscription or individually. This is again a natural blend of products that are designed to keep away mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and more. With organic mosquito and tick control, you will be able to create a barrier around your yard and then stay on top of it to ensure that it is not broken. If you are consistent about organic mosquito and tick control, it can do a great job of making backyard spaces more liveable.
- Pet Spot Repair ($28): Pet Spot Repair helps regulate pet urination spots on the lawn. The product works by targeting the soil to remove toxin levels from urine. Once the toxic levels are neutralized, grass regeneration is encouraged. Some areas may still need some grass seed, but the process here is to help heal the lawn. If you have pets and this is a continual issue for you, having this spot repaired around the home is very helpful.
- Broadleaf Weed Control ($60 – 2 pack): The Pulverize® Weed Killer for Lawns is targeted, post-emergent weed control for weeds such as dandelion, English daisy, creeping buttercup, moss, black medic, white clover, and more. When it comes to broadleaf weed control, your lawn will be in much better shape if you also treat it with a pre-emergent. There will likely still need to be some pulling of weeds to get the yard completely weed-free.
With Lawnbright creating a customized plan for your lawn and giving you access to their Lawnbright app, you never really know what will come in each box. The boxes may differ from what your neighbor receives since the same lawn care treatment will not work for all homes.
|Product Offerings||Lawnbright Lawn Care|
|Pest Control Interior||X|
|Pest Control Exterior||✓|
|Pre Emergent Weed Control||✓|
|Post Emergent Weed Control||✓|
|Pet Spot Treatment||✓|
|Live Plants and Trees||X|
|Lawn and Garden Tools||X|
Sunday Plans and Services
Sunday Lawn Care does everything Lawnbright does to help you with lawn maintenance and a healthy lawn. Similar to Lawnbright, there are customized plans for lawn care that will vary from one home to the next. Sunday has been on the market a little longer than Lawnbright, and they have developed a more comprehensive product lineup. Sunday splits its product offerings into categories, including:
- Lawn care
- Pest control
- Live trees and plants
The lawn care plan or Smart Lawn Plan allows for soil analysis and then a customized nutrient plan for your lawn. In addition to sending you the products that will be best suited for your turf, Sunday also provides instructions and explanations so you can educate yourself on the process. The soil testing kit is very easy to use, and once it is sent in and analyzed, your lawn care plan will be customized to your local area and the specific needs of your turf. No need to measure the size of your lawn; Sunday can do that for you and send the proper amount of product.
A great benefit of the Sunday Smart Lawn Plan is that you will know your entire costs for the year at the time of sign up. If you are careful about budgeting, this is a process that can help ensure you are prepared for the entire year. In addition, all you need to apply the Sunday products is a hose.
The Smart Lawn Plan sends an early season box to get your grass ready for the growing season and then several more packages as fertilization is necessary. There are, however, many additional products offered by Sunday to tackle any other issues that could be coming up.
- Grass Seed ($29-$35): If you have areas of your turf that are a bit short on grass, you can purchase grass seed from Sunday as part of your shipment. This can be used for a brand new lawn or overseeding your current space. Determine if you need a shade grass seed or something like Bermuda or Fescue, and Sunday will have the product to match your specific turf needs.
- Garden Growth: Sunday realizes that if you are a DIY lawn care person, chances are you get involved with gardening as well. Garden products from Sunday can range from rose treatments to all-purpose plant food and more. The products will vary in price depending on the type of plant you are working on growing and what type of product it needs. In addition, Sunday has started selling live plants and trees for those that want live plant material delivered directly to their door.
- Pest Control ($27): The Mosquito Deleto is the most popular pest control product from Sunday, and it helps ensure that your backyard is mosquito free. The great thing about this product is that you can purchase it during the season when mosquitos are bad and keep that barrier up until the mosquitos leave for the season. In addition to the mosquito products, there are also other indoor and outdoor pest control options from Sunday. Fire ant protection and tick defense are also part of the Sunday lineup.
- Weed Control ($20+): Weed control is either pre-emergent or post-emergent, and Sunday offers both options. The Weed Warrier and Dandelion Doom are sold in a concentrate that is then pumped through your sprayer and onto your lawn. It‘s important to remember that with all-natural post-emergent weed control, the effectiveness is considerably better if a pre-emergent product was used, to begin with.
- Pet Patch Repair: The Pet Patch product is a new release, and it is designed to compete with the Lawnbright pet patch product. If you have yellowing grass spots, the Pet Patch Repair will start to bring your lawn back to life and make it easier to have a green space again. There are other pet-friendly products like Pet Safe Ice Melt and Pet Resistant Grass Seed.
Sunday aims to be a one-stop shop for all of your lawn and garden needs. They have greatly expanded their product line since they first started in the industry. If you want to purchase a lawn mower, gardening tool kit, or even a spreader to help keep your lawn looking great, Sunday has those at fair prices on their website.
We also were impressed with the tree and shrub service that Sunday offers. If you don’t know what plants will do well in your area, the team at Sunday can let you know. Sunday wants to be your landscaping partner, and they try to create a one-stop shop for everything your yard needs.
To learn more about Sunday’s products, read our detailed Sunday Lawn Care Overview.
|Product Offerings||Sunday Lawn Care|
|Pest Control Interior||✓|
|Pest Control Exterior||✓|
|Pre Emergent Weed Control||✓|
|Post Emergent Weed Control||✓|
|Pet Spot Treatment||✓|
|Live Plants and Trees||✓|
|Lawn and Garden Tools||✓|
Lawnbright vs. Sunday Availability & Locations
One of the great things about DIY lawn care subscription services is the fact that the availability is great. Unlike local lawn care experts that may not be available in your state or town, both Sunday and Lawnbright ship to the entire United States.
Lawnbright vs. Sunday Customer Reviews
DIY lawn care subscription services are a bit new to the market, and it makes many customers wonder if the products are worth the cost. Luckily there are plenty of reviews of both Lawnbright and Sunday to help you see what your neighbors think.
Lawnbright Customer Reviews
“I have just finished my first experience with Lawnbright’s Spring Two-Step lawn enhancement spraying. (April 28-May 8/9 or so) Without any rain, the grass responded to the “food” by standing tall and green within a few days of the first spray and continued through the 2nd treatment. I did NOT treat the WEEDS before they erupted, so I am just now trying out Pulverize **** Concentrate provided by Lawnbright. I am very impressed with the Owner, Craig, and his interest in THIS client’s problem yard!!”– Avie.
“I ordered and applied the Fall application for our vacation home in Delaware during early September. I figured that I’d see how the results went before trying Lawnbright on our much larger lawn in Pennsylvania. The lawn in Delaware looked very green and healthy after the application, so I ordered and applied the “Green Machine” and “Black Magic”” While the results are not in yet, I expect that I will be satisfied and will subscribe for the complete program at both properties for next season. Communication and shipping have been excellent. The application was very easy. Price is slightly higher than a local service that provided us with a quote.”–Art M
“Just signed up with Lawnbright. So easy and so worthwhile I enjoy the customer service and the product”– Mike.
Sunday Customer Reviews
“I have lots of kids, two dogs, and a bunch of wildlife and demand my lawn be healthy and not full of harmful chemicals. This was my first full year with Sunday, and I am a huge fan. My two female dogs are committed to their demise and by June, there were no spots in the yard for the rest of the year. There are weeds, but they are getting better. I also love that I can be lazy, and the product shows up when it is time, and I just apply it. I will be continuing my subscription next year. Thanks so much!”– Mike
“We are so impressed by how great our yard looks after using Sunday for a year and a half. My husband and I have done so much to turn it around. Thanks to Sunday lawn care for everything.”– Victoria
“We researched so many options to help our lawn, including using a national company to handle it for us. We were excited to find Sunday and decided to give it a shot… so glad we did! The first box arrived quickly, and the pouches are SO easy to apply! This is our first year in this house, so we don’t know when the yard was fertilized last time; read more about the review stating So happy with Sunday! It must have been a while ago because the application showed signs of working immediately. The grass was so happy to have nutrients! We just applied the second pouch a week ago and are looking forward to continuing with Sunday,”– Frances.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of both the Lawnbright and the Sunday products. Each of these options can be a good choice for your property, but we tend to find Sunday to be the more comprehensive solution. With Sunday Lawn Care, you do not need any other services or subscriptions. Sunday has worked hard to become a one-stop shop for all of your garden needs.
It’s always worth getting more than one quote for any subscription, and TruGreen is a full-service provider that should also be thrown into the comparison when making decisions about your lawn.
Frequently Asked Questions
What company is the best for lawn care?
The best company for lawn care is TruGreen. If you need a DIY lawn care service, Lawnbright or Sunday can also be a good option. TruGreen can handle everything from basic mowing to aeration to fertilization. If you are ready to leave the lawn care to the experts, TruGreen is the way to go.
Is TruGreen worth the money?
TruGreen is worth the money if you are struggling to maintain your lawn on your own. Very often, there are issues with soil, sunlight, or watering that many homeowners are unaware of. Trugreen can respond to these issues to make it much easier to keep your yard in great shape.
Is Sunday or Lawnbright more expensive?
Sunday and Lawnbright have very similar pricing. The Lawnbright and Sunday products are organic, and because of that, they are priced a bit higher than local lawn care services can be. However, this is a critical consideration when you have pets or children.
Do DIY lawn care services work?
DIY lawn care services work as long as you keep up your end of the deal. There are typically specific instructions to let you know the proper timing and application of the product. In addition, make sure you are applying enough of the product per square foot to have it work effectively. Pay close attention to watering guidelines and the type of turf you have if you want to be sure that the DIY lawn care services will work properly.
Today's Homeowner’s Rating Methodology
At Today's Homeowner, transparency and trust are our most important values for the reader. That’s why we took the time to create an objective rating system and score each lawn company/service according to our methodology.
Our research team dug deep into the fine print of contracts, combed through more than one hundred customer reviews, and thoroughly investigated all of each lawn care service’s services, costs, and products. We’ve done the homework for you by researching nearly all of the lawn care companies on the market so you can have the information you need to make the best choice for your home.
We developed a formula to objectively determine the best lawn care companies and give each a score out of 100 based on the following criteria:
- Plan Options (30): Do they provide a variety of plan options? We looked at the number of plans each company offered and the flexibility of adjusting the plan.
- Services offered (20): How many services are offered in each plan? We looked at the number of lawn care coverages, including weed control, seeding, irrigation, aeration, dethatching, and more.
- Trust (10): What do customers say after their lawn has been serviced? Does this company offer a guarantee? We considered how satisfied customers are post-service if the company does what it says it will, BBB accreditation, and service guarantees.
- Prices (10): How reasonable are the costs of the plan or service in comparison to the industry average? We compared the costs of each company to competitors that offer the same lawn services.
- Unique perks (10): Does the company offer discounts or special services such as organic treatments, pest control, or a mobile app? We looked for perks each company offers that set them apart from the competition.
- Customer Service (10): How is the customer experience when contacting the company? We considered the speed of response, weekend/holiday availability, and ease of communication through phone calls, email, and online chat functions.
- Nationwide availability (10): How many states does the company offer its services? Companies that operate nationally and in all zip codes are favored over those with limited availability.