To allow our new construction to blend with the original 1926 Kuppersmith Project house, we reproduced architectural details on the existing home on our new addition.
Our brick masons constructed a wing wall on the corner of our addition to match the existing home. To finish off the top of the wing wall, we made a poured a cast stone concrete cap. Here’s how we went about it:
- Trace the outline of the cast stone cap on the original house.
- Construct a form from plywood to match the existing cap.
- Mix up and pour concrete into the form.
- Smooth the top of the concrete with a trowel.
- Allow the concrete to set.
- Remove the cast concrete cap from the form.
- Attach the concrete cap to the wing wall using construction adhesive.
Watch this video to find out more.