Installing new doors on your existing kitchen cabinets can be easy if you know how:
- Measure and order new doors to fit your existing cabinets from a home center or cabinet shop.
- Remove the old doors and hinges from your cabinets.
- Insert the hinges in the predrilled holes in the new doors, tapping them with a mallet to secure the hardware to the door.
- Level and clamp a small piece of scrap wood below the opening to support the doors during installation.
- Use a cordless drill to screw the hinges to the cabinet frames.
- Make any adjustments to the position of the cabinet doors using the adjustment screws on the hinges.
Watch this video to find out more.
I would like to replace my kitchen cabinet doors. My question is how to measure and install shaker doors that fit flush with the cabinet facing in the place of the old cabinet doors that sit on top of the cabinet facing. I also want to paint the cabinet completely. Should this be done before the new doors are installed?