Steps Involved in Renovating a Kitchen
This is the sixth of a six-part series on remodeling a kitchen:
- Part 1: How to Plan and Budget for a Kitchen Renovation
- Part 2: Hiring a Designer and Contractor for a Kitchen Renovation
- Part 3: Replacing Cabinets & Countertops in a Kitchen Renovation
- Part 4: Types of Flooring for a Kitchen Renovation
- Part 5: Choosing Appliances for a Kitchen Renovation
- Part 6: Choosing Plumbing & Lighting for a Kitchen Renovation
Deciding on the right sink, faucet, and lighting fixtures for your kitchen renovation can make a big difference in both the style and function of your kitchen.
- Kitchen Sink: Kitchen sinks come in many different materials including stone, cast iron, or stainless steel. Different colors and finishes are also available, depending on the sink you choose.
- Kitchen Faucet: The faucet should be selected at the same time as the sink, so it will fit the hole configuration on the sink and matches the style.
- Kitchen Lighting: The lighting you choose for your kitchen has both functional and décor components. Some of the various types of lighting available include hanging pendant lights, under cabinet mounted lighting, recessed fixtures, and surface mounted fluorescent lighting.
Watch this video to find out more.
I love your show and newsletter. You make any repair look simple. Thanks