The crawlspace under my house is wet with sweat from condensation. I have insulation between the floor joists with plastic stapled underneath. The house has five vents, three on the west side and two on the east. What could be causing the moisture problem under my house? -Eve
From your description, I see several problems that could be causing excess moisture in the crawl space under your house:
- Add Fan Venting: If you’re still having problems, have a small fan installed on one of the vents with a humidistat set to turn the fan on at 70% relative humidity to remove excess moisture from your crawl space.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Solve Moisture Problems Under Your Home (article)
- How to Keep Wood Floors from Buckling and Cupping (article)
- How to Reduce Mold and Moisture Under Your Home (video)
- How to Insulate a Crawl Space Under Your Home (article)