We live in an older home that is raised a couple of feet off the ground with a crawlspace under it. In the past few years, the hardwood flooring in several rooms has started to warp and cup. What could be the problem?-Mary
It sounds like you may have excessive moisture and humidity in the crawlspace under your home. Here’s what you can do to correct it:
- For extreme moisture problems, consider taping the seams in the plastic together, block the outside vents, and install a dehumidifier in the crawlspace to remove excess moisture from the air.
Good luck with your project,
- How to Stop Condensation in a Crawl Space (article)
- How to Keep Wood Floors from Buckling and Cupping (article)
- How to Reduce Mold and Moisture Under Your Home (video)
- How to Insulate a Crawl Space Under Your Home (article)