Disposing of Aggressive Plants
Once you’ve pulled, dug, or killed unwanted aggressive plants, be sure to dispose of them properly so they won’t find their way back into your yard!
Here are some tips on how to dispose of aggressive plants:
- Burn: Either burn the waste yourself, or drop it off at your local landfill – they often have a burn pile.
- Compost: If the plant is very aggressive, don’t add it to your compost pile unless you’re confident the pile will generate enough heat to kill the roots and seeds. However, you can create a separate out-of-the-way compost pile for aggressive plants, as long as you don’t use the compost from it in your garden.
- Sun: Spread the pulled plants out on a driveway or patio, and let them bake in the sun until they’re good and crispy. Then, throw them away.
- How to Control Weeds in Your Lawn (article)
- How to Have a Weed Free Lawn (article)
- How to Control English Ivy (article)
- How to Control Wire Grass in Your Lawn (article)