Plastic and Molded Resin Furniture
How to Clean:
- Dip a sponge in warm water, and squeeze out any excess.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sponge to act as a mild abrasive.
- Scrub furniture with sponge.
- Rinse furniture with garden hose.
- Allow furniture to dry.
How to Remove Mildew or Mold:
- White Furniture: Apply a solution of one part bleach to four parts water in a pump up sprayer. Leave on for 10-20 minutes, rinse with a garden hose, and allow to dry in full sun.
- Colored Furniture: Apply a solution of 1/4 cup white vinegar to one quart water in a pump up sprayer. Leave on for 10-20 minutes then rinse with a garden hose, and allow to dry in full sun.
How to Restore Shine:
- Apply a coat of automotive paste wax to the surface.
- Allow the wax to dry for a few minutes.
- Wipe off any residue with a clean cloth.
Natural Wood Furniture
How to Clean (Redwood, Cedar, Pine):
- Option #1: Scrub surface with soft scrub brush using special wood cleaner or brightener following the directions on container (wear protective clothing and rubber gloves). Rinse with hose and allow to dry in full sun.
- Option #2: Scrub with mixture of 1/4 cup ammonia and two tablespoons white vinegar in one quart water. Rinse with garden hose and allow to dry in full sun.
How to Clean (Teak):
- Option #1: Apply teak cleaner, following the directions on the container.
- Option #2: Apply mixture of 1/4 cup laundry detergent and one quart bleach to one gallon water. Allow to remain on for 10-20 minutes. Scrub with soft bristled brush and rinse with garden hose.
How to Refinish Teak Furniture:
- Gray Patina: When left unfinished, teak will develop a natural silver patina over time.
- Natural Color: To retain the natural brown color of new teak, apply a special teak protector, teak oil, or teak sealer following the directions on the can. Reapply as needed.
How to Clean Removable Covers:
- Remove covers and follow machine washing instructions on tag.
- Put covers back on cushions while still damp and allow to dry.
- Allow fabric to dry in place to reduce shrinkage.
How to Clean Attached Covers:
- Dissolve a squirt of dishwashing detergent and a teaspoon of borax in one quart warm water.
- Wet down the fabric with the solution and scrub lightly with a sponge or soft bristled scrub brush.
- Allow to soak for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse cushions using a garden hose with sprayer.
- Allow cushions to fully dry.
How to Remove Mold and Mildew:
- White Fabric: Remove mildew by applying a solution of one part chlorine bleach to four parts water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, then rinse off with garden hose, and allow to dry in full sun. If cushions are machine washable, add recommended amount of bleach to washer. NOTE: Do not use chlorine bleach on colored fabrics.
- Colored Fabric: Wash in machine or soak with diluted color safe, non-chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry in full sun.