When leaves and other debris enter your gutters, they can cause clogs that damage your home’s foundation and basement. To protect your home from these damages, consider a gutter guard system from HomeCraft Gutter Protection.
The company’s three-piece gutter guard secures your current system while protecting it with a layer of micro-mesh that filters leaves, twigs and other debris. To learn more about HomeCraft’s gutter guard system and determine if it’s the best gutter guard for you, read our review on the company’s services, costs and customer feedback.
Using our jump link table of contents to find what you’re most interested in for this review on All American gutter guards.
- Products & Services
- Customer Reviews
- Installation Process
- Is HomeCraft Worth It?
HomeCraft Gutter Protection was founded in 2016 by a father and son with previous experience in the gutter industry. The family business started in a small warehouse but quickly grew into a go-to gutter guard provider across the South and Midwest. The company is known for its three-part gutter guard system and raised micro-mesh screen that increases filtration.
|Repairs or replaces damaged gutters||Services select locations in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas|
|Protects your purchase with a lifetime transferable warranty||Doesn’t allow DIY installation|
|Its system is supported by a powder-coated aluminum frame|
HomeCraft sells and installs a three-part gutter guard system that filters small and large debris. Before installing your new system, HomeCraft will evaluate your current system’s condition and make repairs or replacements as needed.
Gutter Guard Details
Here’s a detailed description of each part of the HomeCraft gutter guard system:
- Micro-mesh screen: This effective micro-mesh screen is made with marine-grade stainless steel and is tightly woven to filter small debris. This screen also incorporates raised diamonds that elevate large debris to allow for more filtration.
- Aluminum frame: Unlike many gutter guards, HomeCraft gutter guards aren’t supported by a substructure. Instead, the micro-mesh screen is held into place by a powder-coated aluminum frame that installs on the sides of your gutters.
- Reinforced hangers: The system is completed with metal hangers that secure your gutters to your home’s fascia boards.
Find Reviews of Other Gutter Guards
- Review of LeafFilter Gutter Protection
- Review of Mastershield Gutter Guards
- Review of All American Gutter Protection
Like many gutter guard providers, HomeCraft doesn’t have explicit pricing information on its website because of the variety of factors that influence the cost of your system. Take a detailed look at each one below:
- Current guttering’s condition—Before installation, HomeCraft will assess your current gutter system and check for serious damages. If your system needs a repair or replacement, the overall cost of gutter guard installation will increase.
- Linear footage of gutters—The more gutters you have, the more expensive your system will be. As linear footage increases, so does the cost of labor and materials.
- Shape of your roof—Some roofs may have a steep incline or multiple levels that increase the difficulty of installation, affecting the overall cost of your gutter guard system.
HomeCraft Gutter Guard Customer Reviews
HomeCraft Gutter Protection is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds a B rating from the organization. Here are a couple of HomeCraft reviews left by customers on the BBB:
“These people are so friendly. They gave me a free quote on my gutters and gutter guards with no pressure to buy. We just bought our first home and decided that gutter guards were a priority. I’m so happy with the product and service I received from this company.”
— Amanda D. via BBB on Sept. 1, 2020
“Would’ve been best if the job was done [correctly] the first time. One of the downspouts was never cleaned out nor had silicone applied to it. Water spewed from all directions at the top. HomeCraft did send someone out to correct the issue within a week.”
— Amber M. on Feb. 20, 2020.
HomeCraft Installation Process
Your HomeCraft gutter guard system is installed through a simple three-part process. Here’s a closer look at each step of the installation.
- Free home evaluation and quote—Once you contact a HomeCraft sales representative, the company will send a technician to your home to evaluate your roof, the condition of your guttering and the linear footage you’ll need. Afterwards, the HomeCraft technician will give you a free estimate that the company honors for an entire calendar year.
- Gutter guard installation—HomeCraft begins the installation process with a brand-new gutter installation or repairs to your current system. Once HomeCraft has sealed, realigned, secured and cleaned your existing gutters, the gutter guard installation can begin.
- Warranty support—HomeCraft offers some of the most comprehensive customer service in the industry. After installation, a technician will walk you through your new gutter guard system and explain its lifetime transferable warranty. This warranty protects you from paying out of pocket for malfunctions in your system and can transfer to a new homeowner if you move.
Final Thoughts: Are HomeCraft Gutter Guards Worth It?
HomeCraft is a great option for homeowners who are looking for an effective way to prevent leaves and debris from clogging their gutters. The company uses a high-quality stainless-steel micro-mesh that features raised diamonds for increased filtration. Additionally, the company has a comprehensive warranty that can transfer to a new owner should you decide to sell your home.
FAQ: HomeCraft Gutter Guard Reviews
Do HomeCraft’s gutter guards filter during heavy rainfall?
Yes. The company’s unique raised-diamond micro-mesh lifts passing debris and increases the amount of water that’s brought in.
Will installing a HomeCraft gutter guard system increase the value of my home?
Yes. HomeCraft’s professionally installed gutter guard system can increase the value of your home, as it reduces the risk of damages caused by clogs while limiting the amount of yearly gutter cleanings. Another unique feature of a HomeCraft gutter guard system is its transferable warranty, which moves to a new homeowner should you move, further increasing your home’s value.
Do I have to replace my existing gutters to get a HomeCraft gutter guard system?
No. HomeCraft’s gutter guard system installs on top of your existing gutters if they’re in good condition. If your gutter guard system is damaged, HomeCraft will need to conduct a repair or replacement before installation can begin.
How much does gutter cleaning cost?
Most gutter cleanings cost around $250, though this price depends on factors such as the size of your home and the amount of debris buildup. Luckily, installing a HomeCraft system reduces the frequency of gutter cleanings to save you money in the long run.