A home’s foundation is one of the most important parts of your home’s health. Whether you have a concrete slab or a crawl space foundation, your foundation distributes the weight of your house and all its contents to the soil beneath, keeps the entire property in place, prevents cracks and keeps groundwater out. A foundation has to withstand environmental conditions, such as floods, blizzards, extreme wind and earthquakes.
Though Denver boasts fairly mild winters, the Mile High City resides in a semi-arid climate. This climate, when paired with the Colorado’s common basement foundations, causes foundation issues ranging from cracked walls, bowing walls, uneven floors, mold and mildew.
If you are noticing any of these problems in your Denver home, we suggest you start looking for a foundation repair company to remedy the problem before it becomes dangerous. Foundation repairs are a costly and complicated matter. That is why we created this detailed guide for foundation repair in Denver, examining each top company’s services, average cost and financing options.
Top Foundation Repair Companies in Denver
- Olshan: Best Overall in Denver
- Peak Structural: Best Customer Service in Denver
- Ram Jack: Best for Financing in Denver
- Liftech Corporation: Best for New Constructions in Denver
- Complete Basement Systems: Best for Experienced Technicians in Denver
Today’s Homeowner works with an independent reviews team to create evidence-based research that helps our readers make informed decisions. The reviews are always independent. For transparency, we may be compensated if you purchase through a link.
1. Olshan: Best Overall in Denver
Since 1933, Olshan has provided reputable foundation repair services across the United States. The company is familiar with a wide variety of foundation types found in Denver, namely basements and crawl spaces.
Olshan provides certified structural technicians and combines their expertise with innovative foundation technologies to provide a comprehensive selection of foundation solutions in the Denver and Colorado Springs area.
Olshan’s most popular services include:
- Foundation Repair: Olshan provides free assessments for foundation work to investigate cracks in your brickwork or around doors and windows. Olshan offers its Cable Lock™ ST Plus Hybrid Foundation Repair System, which combines concrete pilings with steel pilings. This allows Olshan to create a deeper, stronger and more reliable repair.
- Basement Waterproofing: If your home’s basement has leaks, Olshan offers a wide selection of interior and exterior basement waterproofing solutions. Options include an interior water discharge system, surface glue down, downspout extensions, surface drain installation and more.
- Crack Repair and Concrete Lifting: Olshan stops cracks in concrete slabs, poured walls, masonry, concrete block foundations and any other concrete structure. Olshan also provides its PolyLift™ for sinking concrete. This is a more eco-friendly option that gently lifts sunken concrete in minutes.
- Crawl Space Recovery: Olshan tackles structural, water and air-quality problems for crawl spaces in Denver. Services include structural repair for sagging floors, removing water pools and installation of moisture-resistant barriers.
Olshan Cost and Financing Options
Olshan states that its average cost for foundation repair services ranges from $3,000 to $7,500. Because foundation repair is costly, Olshan provides flexible financing solutions for its services. Learn about Olshan’s financing options below:
- Payment Plan: Some plans feature no payments and no interest for 12 months. Other plans provide rates as low as 0% and payments as low as $125 per month. All these options are subject to credit approval
2. Peak Structural: Best Customer Service in Denver
Peak Structural was founded in 2002 by Paul and Lisa Sutton in a rented garage. The company has grown to be one of the largest foundation repair companies in the Pikes Peak, Colorado, region and the greater Denver area.
It features reputable customer service with high customer review scores and more than 85 customer service professionals. Peak Structural is the only locally-founded company on this list that provides a transferable, lifetime warranty on its services.
Peak Structural Services
Peak Structural provides many industry-standard foundation repair solutions. Here are some of the company’s popular services:
- Basement Waterproofing: Peak Structural sends out licensed, experienced basement waterproofing experts to provide free estimates on its waterproofing services. Solutions for leaks in your home’s basement include exterior excavation, installation of interior drains and application of a negative-side sealant.
- Concrete Lifting & Leveling: Similar to Olshan, Peak Structural provides PolyLift™ services in addition to other foundation repair services for concrete, such.as traditional mudjacking and pier installation.
- Crawl Space Repair: The company offers free repair quotes for its crawl space services. Some solutions that might be recommended to you include installation of support jacks and crawl space encapsulation with a vapor barrier.
- Commercial Services: Peak Structural also provides its services for commercial properties. If you have an office building or business property that experiences uneven floors or mold in its basement, Peak Structural is licensed to deal with such issues.
Peak Structural Cost and Financing Options
Peak Structural does not share its pricing online, but you can expect its service to cost around the average price for foundation repairs in Denver, $3,100–$5,236. The company partners with GreenSky to provide easy financing options. Learn more about its financing options here:
- Payment Plan: Options include short-term financing with no interest and no payments for six months with same-as-cash options. Other plans can include low interest rates of 6.99% for 60 months. All plans are subject to credit approval.
3. Ram Jack: Best for Financing in Denver
Because foundation repair is so costly, you may want to prioritize financing options over anything else. For customers concerned about budget, we recommend Ram Jack.
Ram Jack is a nationwide foundation repair company. Since 1975, the company has grown to 24 franchises and 32 dealerships that offer comprehensive residential and commercial foundation services, including a branch in Centennial, Colorado.
Ram Jack Services
Ram Jack provides a wide range of foundation repair services. Some of the company’s most popular services include:
- Foundation Repair: If you have uneven floors or cracking walls, Ram Jack provides a wide range of residential foundation repair methods that it will recommend to you based on a structural analysis. Options include slab foundation repair, leaning chimney repair, sinkhole remediation, pier-and-beam support, timber pile support and many more.
- Helical Piles Systems: If you are experiencing unstable soil conditions from Denver’s loamy and clay soils, then Ram Jack offers a long-term solution with its helical piles system. This service is ideal for new construction and larger homes, as it carries the building load down to bedrock and more stable soil.
- Wall Tie-Back Services: Ram Jack fixes bowing walls with well-tested solutions such as helical tie-back anchors and soil anchors. These products are similar to helical piers, but they extend horizontally rather than vertically to reach stable soil.
- Driven Piles Systems: Ram Jack offers corrosion-resistant and eco-friendly driven piles systems. This service is a long-term solution for foundation settlement for a variety of foundation types after Ram Jack’s technicians evaluate and diagnose your foundation problem.
Ram Jack Cost and Financing Options
Ram Jack states that the average cost for pier-and-beam repairs runs from $1,000 to $3,000 for piers that are six to eight feet apart. Piers that focus on a single corner costs between $3,500 to $5,000. Ram Jack offers some of the best financing options in Denver due to its partnership with EnerBank USA. Read over its financing options here:
- Same-As-Cash Option: This option has no interest and no payments for the first 12 months. The repayment window ranges from 24 to 132 months. If paid within a year, interest can be waived.
- Reduced Interest Loan Option: Ram Jack also offers a five-year reduced interest loan. This loan has 6.99% APR, and its repayment window ranges from 60 to 120 months. Payment begins 30 days after the loan closes.
4. Liftech Corporation: Best for New Constructions in Denver
This Denver business provides foundation repair and concrete leveling services all across the Colorado Front Range. Liftech Corporation is fully licensed and insured for foundation and concrete services.
If you are looking to have some new concrete constructions completed, Liftech provides new concrete services for driveways, garage floors, basement floors, porches, patios, walkways and more.
Liftech Corporation Services
Liftech provides a variety of services for a variety of foundation types. Read over what services you can opt for with the company below:
- Helical Piers: To combat settlement, Liftech provides helical pier installation for concrete slab foundations. These corkscrew-designed steel pins will help place your Denver home on solid footing even in the region’s unstable clay soils.
- Concrete Leveling: Liftech provides one of the most comprehensive concrete leveling selections. The company provides traditional concrete replacement or mudjacking, but it is also PolyLift™ certified. Leveling services can be used for basements, patios, driveways, garage floors and sidewalks.
- Crawl Space Conversions: Liftech can help convert your home’s crawl space into a livable space. The company provides a detailed proposal for the project, including an estimate of what your crawl space conversion will cost. It also provides additional options for plumbing, utility lines, HVAC systems, egress windows, perimeter drainage systems and more options for your new space.
- New Concrete Services: The company offers impressive new concrete services that include 4,000 psi high compression strength, commercial grade concrete that comes with fiber mesh and sealant.
Liftech Cost and Financing Options
Though the company does not provide sample pricing online, you can expect a project with Liftech to run from $3,100 to $5,236. Liftech does provide comprehensive financing options through a partnership with Hearth. Learn about some options for payment plans below:
- Payment Plan: Through Hearth, Liftech customers receive custom payment plans. Major highlights include loan amounts as large as $100,000, acquiring funding within 1-3 days, no prepayment penalties and no home equity required.
5. Complete Basement Systems: Best for Experienced Technicians in Denver
Complete Basement Systems was founded in 1999, and it has become a subsidiary of Groundworks. This relationship allows Complete Basement Systems to provide skilled and trained technicians and structural engineers with many years of experience.
Despite being backed by one of the largest networks of reputable technicians, Complete Basement Systems provides a family-oriented and operated approach to crawl space repair, basement waterproofing and foundation repair.
Complete Basement Systems Services
Complete Basement Systems offers many foundation repair services specifically tailored to Denver and the surrounding area. Below are some popular foundation repair solutions for you to consider:
- Support Beam Jacks: Complete Basement Systems uses IntelliJack® Crawl Space Stabilizers to deal with uneven floors and sagging crawl space foundations. These jacks are designed to fit in crawl spaces of any size, and they support up to 24,000 pounds per jack. Their installation is also significantly faster than some pier installations given there’s no need to wait for concrete to settle.
- Channel Anchor System: Channel anchors are an effective and inexpensive way to fix bowing walls. Anchors are connected by a steel rod to a wall plate to provide pressure against the inside of a basement foundation’s wall. Through Groundworks, Complete Basement Systems includes a 25-year warranty on their wall anchors. These installations tend to take only one day to complete.
- Slab Piers: If your concrete slab foundation is settling, then slab piers may be needed to lift your foundation back to its proper level. Complete Basement Systems offers galvanized steel piers with corrosion resistance to help your foundation obtain footing past unstable soils. This service also comes with a 25-year manufacturer warranty.
- FreezeGuard: Complete Basement Systems provides a proper discharge line for a sump pump that does not freeze due to Denver’s cold winters. The FreezeGuard system has an antifreeze fitting that is installed outside of your home. It ejects water away from your foundation in the event that a sump pump’s lines freeze or become clogged.
Complete Basement Systems Cost and Financing Options
Complete Basement Systems’ services will range somewhere around the average cost of foundation repair in Denver, $3,355–$5,742. Thanks to its relationship with Groundworks, the company provides custom financing solutions. Financing options include:
- Payment Plan: Through a variety of financing partners, Complete Basement Systems creates customized payment plans based on your specific financing needs. Some highlights include unsecured financing for services over $1,000, same-as-cash options, no prepayment penalties and no hidden fees or closing costs.
If you want the most comprehensive and overall well-rounded foundation repair service in Denver, we recommend Olshan as the Best Overall. If you are concerned about receiving personable and caring service with your foundation repair, we recommend Peak Structural for the Best Customer Service in Denver.
Compare Top Foundation Repair Companies in Denver
|Company||Olshan||Peak Structural||Ram Jack||Lifetech Corporation||Complete Basement Systems|
|Best for||Overall||Customer Service||Financing||New Constructions||Experienced Technicians|
|Average Cost||$3,000-$7,500||$3,100-$5,236 (Denver Average)||$1,000-$5,000||$3,100-$5,236 (Denver Average)||$3,100-$5,236 (Denver Average)|
Average Cost of Foundation Repair in Denver
Various factors impact the overall cost of a foundation repair project in Denver. The average cost of foundation repair in Denver tends to range from $3,100 to $5,236.
Keep in mind that the amount of foundation damage, the need for slabjacking, the need for additional materials or services and the overall resale value influence your total cost. Check out the average costs of popular foundation repair services in Denver here:
- Pier-and-Beam Services: $4,000–$6,500
- Basement Waterproofing: $2,500–$7,000
- Concrete Crack Filling: $220–$700
- Slope/Concrete Stabilization: $3,500–$11,500
Signs of Foundation Problems
There are some noticeable signs that indicate foundation issues. Below are some of the most common ones:
- Exterior Cracks: These cracks are typically large and have a zigzag pattern. Sometimes they are referred to as “staircase cracks” as they resemble the outline of a staircase. This is especially common on brick-and-mortar exteriors.
- Interior Sheetrock Cracks: If you notice large cracks on your drywall that line almost the entire wall, zigzag, or cause wallpaper to fall off, then you are most likely having an issue with the foundation below.
- Sloping Floors: Another sign of foundation issues are uneven floors that slope to one side. Doors that are out of square also indicate a problem with the foundation beneath. Pay attention if the gradient of your floor is more than one or two inches every 15 feet.
- Bouncing Floors: If you notice that your floors are bouncy, then it is a sign that you might have rotten wood in your home’s foundation.
- Door Frame/Window Frame Separation From Brick: This is a severe sign that you are experiencing foundation issues. If you notice a door frame or window frame being separate from brick, seek immediate help.
Foundation Services You May Need in Denver
Denver features mainly a basement and crawl space foundations. These foundations are great for Denver’s soil, but they are susceptible to wet conditions and hydrostatic pressure (pressure from water in soil).
Read over some of the main causes for foundation problems in the Denver area here:
- Poor Soil Compaction: Improper soil compaction during construction creates voids below your property that your home sinks into over time. Helical and push pier systems are the most common solution to this issue.
- Hydrostatic Pressure: This refers to when the moisture present in soil causes the soil to swell and add pressure to your foundation’s walls. This causes bowing walls. A common and inexpensive solution to this issue is wall anchors.
- Wet Weather Patterns: When Denver experiences rain and snow, it can possibly leak into your basement or crawl space. This causes mold and mildew to develop and overall poor air quality in your home. There are a variety of solutions for this problem that include crawl space encapsulation and vapor barriers.
Foundation Repair Terminology
Foundation repair is a complicated field that features many different terms and ideas you may not be familiar with from day-to-day home maintenance. Below are some major terms you will come across as you research foundation repair companies that you need to know.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation: This refers to when a company seals off a crawl space from moisture and excess humidity. The process will often involve an adhesive sealant of some kind to create a vapor barrier that blocks humidity from entering, and the company will then line the crawl space with a plastic sheet.
- Downspout Extensions: These are extensions installed on your gutters. They allow rainwater to be moved further away from your home’s foundation.
- Exterior Excavation: This process has a company dig around your foundation to discover where settlement issues are occurring. The company can then efficiently fix whatever problems may be occurring outside of the home’s foundation.
- Hydrostatic Pressure Test: This test allows pressure vessels such as pipelines, plumbing, gas cylinders, boilers and fuel tanks to be tested for structural integrity and possible leaks.
- Interior Drains: These are typically floor drains that contain a channel-shaped body. It is used for the rapid evacuation of surface water to a utility line. Other options include footing drains, which connect to your home’s perimeter to drain water away from the foundation’s footing.
- Interior Water Discharge System: This refers to a solution or system to deal with water in your foundation. Some popular solutions include sump pumps and flooring drain installations.
- Mudjacking: This refers to when concrete is raised by pumping mud or other material under it through drilled holes. This is also called slabjacking.
- Negative-side Sealant: This refers to the material used to create a vapor barrier in a basement or crawl space. It helps prevent moisture from traveling through and passing into the air.
- Piers: Piers are large beams that are installed vertically beneath a home’s foundation. They are typically used when settlement occurs. They are raised by using a hydraulic machine, and they position the foundation at its proper level. Popular options include push piers, which are used for smaller homes with concrete slab foundations, and helical piers, which are used for large homes or projects and feature a screw-like design.
- Pilings: These are heavy stakes or posts installed to support the foundations of a superstructure. Piers are a type of piling.
- Slab Foundation: This is a type of foundation that consists of 4”–6″ thick concrete that the home rests on. This concrete slab is often placed on a layer of sand for drainage and to act as a cushion. A home built on a slab foundation does not feature a crawl space.
- Sump Pump: A sump pump is a device installed in a home’s crawl space or basement to collect water. They are also designed and installed to redirect the water to an exterior drainage system.
- Surface Drain Installation: This service has a foundation repair company install a drain in your crawl space or basement to funnel leaks into an exterior drainage system.
- Surface Glue Down: This refers to when a company uses an adhesive sealant that stops excess moisture from getting inside your home’s basement or crawl space.
- Wall Anchors: Wall anchors are a popular solution for bowing walls. They require less maintenance and time than piers. A steel strap fastens to the end of a common joist in a bowing wall. They are built into the brickwork of a wall to provide lateral support. These are sometimes called tie-back anchors and soil anchors.
How We Chose the Top Foundation Repair Companies
Today’s Homeowner works to provide our readers with well-researched, unbiased reviews. We have created a detailed research process that uses a weighted scoring system to objectively rate each company we review. We also believe in being transparent about our process and scoring in order to back-up our conclusions. Our rating system for foundation repair is based on a 100-point scale based on the following factors:
- Service Options (48): Does the company offer a comprehensive selection of foundation solutions, including waterproofing, concrete lifting, slope stabilization, leaning chimney repairs and more?
- Payment Options (10): What financing options does the company provide for its customers? Can customers receive financing options such as same-as-cash and a reduced-interest rate?
- Trustworthiness (10): Has the company garnered a solid reputation for its services? What rating does the company have on the Better Business Bureau? Does it feature an accreditation on the Better Business Bureau?
- Warranty Options (20): Does the company provide a substantial warranty on its services? Does it offer a lifetime warranty or only exterior and interior underpin warranties?
- Additional benefits (12): What additional benefits can customers receive from the company, including commercial services, online blogs, online videos, an online booking process and eco-friendly options?
Foundation Repair in Denver FAQ
Will foundation repair ruin my landscaping?
A major pain point for many customers is that a company might ruin their landscaping. This typically occurs when a home requires its foundation to be lifted with the use of piers. The repair company must drill down into the soil around your home, removing any plants in the way, to properly install these devices that raise your home’s foundation and provide long-term support.
Be sure to discuss with the company you are considering how they handle other exterior components of a home and what limitations might be placed on their warranties.
How do I sell my house with foundation problems?
If you want to sell a home with known foundation problems, you will have to get a structural engineer to compile a report, which typically costs around $500. That report will be shared with the buyer during the closing period. Any known foundation issues must be disclosed to the buyer in writing.
How much does it cost to lift a house and replace an entire foundation?
Lifting a house and replacing the entire foundation runs on average between $20,000 and $100,000. The overall cost of this project depends on the size of the home and type of foundation.