Bosch dishwashers are popular with homeowners because they are known for their quiet operation and innovative rack configurations. If you own a Bosch dishwasher or are considering buying one, it’s a good idea to look at the Bosch dishwasher warranty and options for coverage after the warranty expires.
Read on to learn about the warranty Bosch places on its dishwashers. In this article we’ll discuss the factory warranty length, what’s covered, and how to make a claim. We’ll also discuss the team’s recommendation for extended warranty coverage.
In This Article:
- Bosch Dishwasher Warranty Overview
- Warranty Coverage
- Cost Breakdowns
- How to Make a Claim for Your Dishwasher
- Reviews of Bosch Dishwasher Warranty
- What to Do When Your Warranty Expires?
- Our Recommendation for Extended Protection: American Home Shield
- Benefits of a Home Warranty
Our research team strives to provide unbiased information about warranties and other home products. We do the research, read the fine print, and do a thorough analysis before making any recommendations.
When it comes to protecting the appliances in your home, the research team believes that American Home Shield, a home warranty, is the best option. For a reasonable price, you can protect your dishwasher, as well as other systems and appliances, covered for breakdowns and more. The company offers four different plans, so you can find the exact coverage you want.
Bosch Dishwasher Warranty Overview
A Bosch dishwasher comes with a limited warranty. This limited warranty covers:
- The entire Bosch appliance, including parts and labor, for the first year
- Microprocessor or printed circuit board, parts only, for the second through fifth year of ownership
- Racks (not including rack components), parts only, for the second through fifth year of ownership
- Rust-through on the inner tub liner, parts only, for the appliance’s lifetime
Bosch Dishwasher Warranty Coverage
The standard Bosch warranty is most likely found in the owner’s manual that came with your dishwasher. Here are some of the important things you should know about this warranty:
- The Bosch dishwasher warranty is a warranty promising that the product is free of defects in materials or workmanship. If defects are found, the company will repair or replace your product.
- The decision on whether to repair or replace the appliance is at the discretion of the authorized service person who is attempting to repair it.
- The overall warranty lasts for 365 days, dating from the day you purchase the dishwasher. So, if you buy a new stainless steel Bosch dishwasher at the start of your home renovation and keep it in the box until you’re ready to install it, remember that the warranty clock is ticking.
- The Bosch appliance also comes with an extended limited warranty that covers the microprocessor or circuit boards and the racks for five years of ownership. That warranty only covers parts, not labor.
- The limited warranty also covers the stainless steel inner tub in case it rusts through. The lifetime warranty on the inner tub is for parts only.
Other Bosch dishwasher warranty provisions include:
- Repair or replacement is the exclusive remedy if something needs to be fixed because the dishwasher was made with a defect in materials or workmanship. If Bosch or an authorized service provider can’t successfully repair the dishwasher, Bosch will replace it.
- In some cases, Bosch may allow you to get an upgraded model if it has to replace your appliance. In that case, you would be responsible for an additional charge for the upgraded model.
- If you try to repair the dishwasher yourself or if you hire a non-authorized repair technician to fix it, you will void the warranty.
The warranty also lists several exclusions. Items excluded from the Bosch dishwasher warranty include:
- Using the product in any way beyond the intended manner, including using it in a commercial setting
- Misuse, abuse, neglect, improper operation, improper installation and failure to properly maintain the dishwasher
- Altering or modifying the appliance in any way
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Failure due to accumulation of food, liquids, grease, or other substances in or around the dishwasher
The initial warranty is only available to the first purchaser of the appliance. If you were to sell the dishwasher (or your home where the dishwasher is installed) while the warranty is still in effect, you are not able to transfer the Bosch dishwasher warranty to the buyer.
Additional Warranty Coverage
Bosch sells an extended warranty, which it calls the Bosch Appliance Service Plan. This service plan can cover your dishwasher after the initial warranty expires.
If you purchased a Bosch appliance, you can find out more about the Bosch Appliance Service Plan by registering your appliance. When you register your appliance, Bosch will mail you a customized offer letter inviting you to purchase the service plan. The company doesn’t disclose the cost of this service plan on its website.
As with most appliance warranties, the Bosch dishwasher warranty doesn’t provide a lot of details about costs you might incur.
After the one-year warranty expires but the limited warranties are in effect, you are responsible for any fees the authorized service person charges to come to your home and make the repair. That’s because the limited warranty only covers parts.
Bosch Factory Service Technicians will come with commonly needed parts so that you may only need one service call to fix the issue. Bosch doesn’t publish the cost of the Bosch Appliance Service Plan on its website nor provide any details.
Does Bosch Offer An Extended Warranty?
If you want to find out how much it would cost to get an extended warranty on your Bosch dishwasher, register the product with the company. The company will respond by sending you information about the Bosch Appliance Service Plan, which is the name it uses for its extended warranty.
You can register your Bosch dishwasher on the website.
How to Make a Claim for Your Dishwasher
To make a claim on your Bosch dishwasher warranty, you need to contact a Bosch Factory Service Technician or an authorized Bosch service partner. Bosch claims that the service providers it uses have been trained to repair the company’s products and to provide an excellent service experience.
You can find a service provider through Bosch’s website. Simply submit your ZIP code and you’ll see a list of Bosch Factory Service Technicians and authorized servicers near you. They can service your appliance whether it is in warranty or out of warranty.
Bosch authorized service providers may not be available if you live far from a metropolitan area.
Reviews of Bosch Dishwasher Warranty
Of course, there’s no way to tell how long a Bosch dishwasher will last or when it will need service.
While there are no specific reviews available for Bosch dishwasher warranties, Bosch as a whole has been reviewed extensively online. On Trustpilot, Bosch has earned 1.5 stars.
“I had a fault on a dishwasher and Bosch were great..traced my agreement (it was a present), found it was in warranty, sent an engineer within 3 days and he was great, repaired the machine efficiently, was friendly and helpful and explained things clearly. I love the table-top dishwasher and the after-sale service.”-Paul Smith, 5 stars, Trustpilot
“Appalling customer service. Need a product fixing under warranty — only six months old, I was spoken to like I was dirt. Patronized, and treated like a child. Apparently warranty fixes aren’t a priority to Bosch.”-Claire Searancke, 1 star, Trustpilot
What to Do When Your Warranty Expires?
The Bosch dishwasher warranty is a pretty standard manufacturer’s warranty. It protects you from problems that result from defective materials or workmanship in the manufacturing process.
The warranty on the entire dishwasher lasts for one year — then a limited warranty on certain parts of the appliance takes effect. You get a limited warranty on the microprocessor, circuit board, and racks that lasts for another four years, for a total of five years of ownership.
The Bosch warranty doesn’t cover damage from normal wear and tear that occurs in the appliance as you use it in your kitchen. For that reason, we suggest getting a home warranty that will cover normal wear and tear on your dishwasher and the other essential appliances and systems in your home.
Our Recommendation for Extended Protection
Our research team believes that American Home Shield is your best overall option for appliance coverage, and overall home warranty coverage. With three service plans covering over 23 systems and appliances, and the option to add on items that aren’t covered by a standard home warranty, you can get exactly the level of coverage you need.
American Home Shield was a pioneer in the home warranty industry, and it has been serving customers since 1971. It’s available in every state but Alaska.
When you have a policy with American Home Shield that covers your Bosch dishwasher, you simply contact the AHS customer service center and make a claim if the dishwasher isn’t working. You can call or go online 24/7 to make the claim.
The AHS customer service center will contact a pre-approved service partner to come out and check your dishwasher. You’ll owe a service fee ranging from $75 to $125 for the visit. With American Home Shield, you get to choose the level of trade service call fee your policy carries, which will impact your monthly rate.
Benefits of a Home Warranty
There are a number of reasons why a home warranty is a good choice to protect your dishwasher and much more. In many cases, the service fee will be your only cost for the appliance or system repair. For certain large house systems, such as your heating system, there may be a limit to what home warranty providers will pay.
For instance, AHS will pay up to $1,500 per contract term to repair or replace the heating system. Other home warranty companies, such as Choice Home Warranty, will have unique limits, so check your contract. While that amount wouldn’t completely pay for a new heating system, should you need one, it would significantly reduce what you’d have to pay for a new system out of pocket.
The home warranty contract lasts for one year, but you can renew it each year. There’s no limit on the number of repairs that can take place during the warranty period.
Plus, it covers all your appliances in one easy place. You don’t have to keep track of your Bosch dishwasher warranty and the warranties for each individual appliance in your kitchen and laundry room. Instead, you pay one annual fee for coverage of all your appliances.
Home Warranty Rating Methodology
To help you find the best home warranty, our reviews team researched numerous home warranty companies, analyzing their coverage plans, pricing and customer service, among other factors:
- Coverage: Home warranty companies that provide extensive coverage and protect important systems and appliances, including your air conditioning, refrigerator and heating, scored higher than companies with minimal coverage.
- Plan variety: A provider with more coverage plans allows for more flexibility among customers. In general, most home warranty companies provide an appliances-only plan, systems-only plan and combination plan.
- Pricing: We scored providers based on their monthly plan prices and service call fees compared to the industry average pricing. Companies with more affordable coverage received more points than companies with more expensive plans.
- State availability: Where you live will determine what companies are available in your area. Home warranty companies that covered more states received more points than companies with a limited state availability.
- Trustworthiness: There are some home warranty companies that are scams and don’t follow through on their service agreements. We rated companies based on their years of experience, ratings on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and customer reviews.
To keep our data current, our team regularly updates the data points for each company to ensure their coverage offerings, pricing and availability are accurate.