Frigidaire is known for producing high-quality, energy-efficient kitchen and laundry appliances and has been a long-standing leader in home appliances, selling everything from refrigerators and ranges to washers and dryers, as well as accessories. When you buy a Frigidaire product, you get to enjoy their 10-Year Parts Warranty and 10-Year Comfort Quality Pledge—but what exactly does that entail, and how do you begin the Frigidaire product registration process?
We give an overview of Frigidaire products, warranty details, and how to protect your new appliances (and budget) from expensive repairs or replacements. In addition to the manufacturer’s appliance warranties, you can purchase extended warranties or a home warranty, which protects more than just your kitchen and laundry appliances.
Is Home Warranty Coverage the Best Option for Your Frigidaire Appliances?
Just because an appliance warranty comes with your purchase doesn’t mean you’re getting the best coverage for your appliance. Case in point: the Frigidaire warranty doesn’t cover repairs or replacements on “everyday wear and tear,” which are not only inevitable but expected.
For the best coverage of your Frigidaire appliances, we recommend purchasing a home warranty plan that offers more reasonable coverage and includes more than just one appliance in the service agreement. A home warranty plan is not the same as homeowner’s insurance, which typically only covers repairs and replacements that occur due to natural disasters, fires, theft, and other unexpected occurrences.
A home warranty plan will cover both new and old appliances and systems, as long as they’re in good working condition. If you move into a home with older appliances, you don’t want to get stuck paying out-of-pocket for a new appliance within weeks of moving. With a home warranty, you have a safety net.
In addition, a home warranty allows you to cover all your major appliances and systems with one contract—no matter what brand they are. For example, a Frigidaire refrigerator, Honeywell humidifier, and Samsung oven can all be covered by the same plan. With the Frigidaire product registration and warranty, you’ll receive a different contract and level of coverage for each product. That can be difficult to keep track of and make taking advantage of your warranty much less convenient.
Advantages of Home Warranty Coverage vs Frigidaire Appliance Coverage
The list below details some of the major advantages of a home warranty from top-rated companies:
- Damage from regular wear and tear is covered, unlike with Frigidaire’s warranty
- Home warranties are not specific to just one brand
- One home warranty plan can cover multiple appliances
- Coverage is available for both new and old appliances, as long as it’s not already covered by a manufacturer’s warranty
- Homeowners are protected from unexpected repair bills
What Should You Look for in a Home Warranty Provider?
Before signing a warranty contract, take the time to find out important information about your potential provider. When looking for a home warranty company, verify your provider has these features:
- Efficient appliance repairs—Appliances have a habit of breaking when we need them most. You need a warranty company that provides quick service to get your appliance up and running again.
- Coverage for all major appliances—Choose a home warranty company that covers the appliances you rely on most.
- Friendly local professionals—You want to feel confident that the service providers entering your home are trustworthy and experienced. Make sure your warranty company works with local, trained professionals to service your appliances.
- Affordable service calls—Home warranties are supposed to save you money on expensive appliance repairs. A warranty that has expensive service call fees may not be saving you much money in the long run.
- Top-rated company—Take the time to research top-rated home warranty companies. You want to work with a company that has great customer feedback.
Today’s Homeowner reviews the best home warranty companies and checks for these qualities in providers for you. Read our best home warranty review and compare plans for yourself.
Top Home Warranty Providers for Frigidaire Appliances
Choice Home Warranty: Our Pick for Best Frigidaire Appliance Coverage
Maybe you’ve already gone through the Frigidaire product registration process, maybe you haven’t. Having an appliance warranty doesn’t prevent you from being able to invest in a home warranty plan. A home warranty is often referred to as home appliance insurance because that’s exactly what it does: insure your home appliances.
Choice Home Warranty, our preferred home warranty provider, offers customizable plans to best protect your home. They offer two plans with the option of including add-ons. Many home warranty companies offer just two plans—one for systems and one for appliances—but Choice Home Warranty offers combined coverage.
Here’s what you can expect from Choice Home Warranty plans:
- The Basic Plan covers a dozen systems and appliances—everything from your electrical and heating systems to your ductwork and built-in microwave.*
- The Total Plan covers everything that’s included in the Basic Plan, as well as your washer, dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioning system. With the Total Plan, you can protect all of your Frigidaire products, like your dishwasher, dryer, washer, range, cooktop, refrigerator, oven, air conditioner, and microwave, under one warranty plan.
- Optional coverage allows you to add on systems and appliances such as a sump pump, septic system, well pump, second refrigerator, and standalone freezer.
To speak to a Choice Home Warranty representative and get a free quote, call 929-400-6164 or fill out this online form.
Why we recommend Choice Home Warranty
With Choice Home Warranty, you’re guaranteed the following:
- Access to a network of trusted, expert professionals in your area. Instead of waiting until an appliance or home system breaks to seek out an electrician, plumber, or repairman, get protected now. When something does break, there will be an expert ready to assist.**
- No home inspection is required. Although your service contract won’t cover known or pre-existing conditions, you don’t need to hire a home inspector (which costs an average of $326) to get a home warranty.
- Low service call fee. If you have a warranty plan, instead of hiring an electrician for an average of $317, you can simply pay a service fee between $60–$85 for the same service.
- Access to customer service 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days per year. Best of all, when you make a claim, you’ll work with the same claims professional to ensure that your needs are met.
In our review of Choice Home Warranty, we found that the company has the best overall plans. They offer customizable and affordable plans, as well as quick, reliable service.** Read our comparison of the top home warranty providers to see for yourself.
Additionally, Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service contracts for single-family homes, multiple units, condos, mobile homes, and manufactured homes. Save the $900 that the average American spends per year on repairing home systems and appliances and sign up for a Choice Home Warranty plan that costs as little as $1 per month.
Call 929-400-6164 to get a free quote for a home warranty and learn why Choice Home Warranty is a great alternative to Frigidaire production registration.
Frigidaire Warranty Registration and Coverage
For many years, Frigidaire was owned by General Motors, but they are now a part of their parent company, Electrolux, a Swedish multinational home appliance manufacturer. They are still a prominent American brand that produces the majority of its award-winning products in the US and Mexico.
If you are in the market for a Frigidaire appliance or have recently purchased one, here’s what you need to know about their warranty coverage and product registration:
- You are not required to register your home kitchen appliance(s) to receive warranty benefits.
- If you don’t complete the Frigidaire product registration within 60 days of purchase, you won’t be able to enjoy the maximum benefits included in the appliance warranty.
- Each appliance must be registered separately, even if you buy them at the same time.
- For repairs and replacements to be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you must ensure that the appliance was appropriately installed, routinely cared for, and used as intended.
- Make sure you save all receipts and records. If you hire a professional installer or pay for routine professional maintenance, maintain a record of that. The same goes for the proof of purchase.
Frigidaire Warranty Product Registration
When you buy a Frigidaire appliance, you get a warranty with the purchase, but if you don’t register the appliance, you won’t get the maximum benefits.
Product registration, depending on the product and the manufacturer, may not be necessary to get the coverage outlined in the manufacturer’s warranty. However, registering your product with a company means you’ll get notified if the product gets recalled.
Often, we buy new appliances, electronics, or products that come with a warranty plan, but we forget to register them with the manufacturer. If your Frigidaire refrigerator is recalled, you’ll want to find out right away. After you purchase your new Frigidaire appliance, you can go to the Frigidaire website, find Owner Support at the bottom, and click on “Product Registration.”
The location of the model number is different for each appliance. For example:
- Dryers: On the top of the door opening.
- Refrigerator: On the upper-left side wall of the top freezer, or on the upper-right side of the fresh food compartment for a French door side-by-side refrigerator. The model number will be visible when the door is open.
- Microwaves: Along the interior side trim or the left-side panel. It will be visible when the door is open.
- Wall ovens: Along the interior side trim. It’s visible when the door is open.
- Washers: Along the trim of the door or on the back of the tub opening (under the washer lid) of a top loader.
Its location depends on the appliance, but it’s typically listed next to the model number. Frigidaire serial number lookup for each appliance is accessible on the Frigidaire website and should also be in your Frigidaire manual. Here’s where you’ll find some:
- Dishwasher: On the interior side of the door or the right side of the tub.
- Ranges/stoves: Along the interior side trim of the oven, on the left-side panel, or on the front frame of the storage drawer panel. It will be visible when the drawer is open.
- Air conditioner: On the right side of the unit.
- Cooktops/stovetops: Along the underside of the cooktop base (when lifted).
Purchase Date and Purchase Location
It may be a good idea to keep your receipts, so you don’t lose or forget this information.
You’ll need to provide your name, address, email address, and other details.
Once all of this information is collected, you’ll go to the Service and Support section of Frigidiare.com to file a claim.
If you need to register more than one product, each product must be registered separately. Remember, if you want to get the full benefits of the warranty, you have to have the product registered within 60 days.
If you want to do a Frigidaire warranty lookup, you must have the serial number, model number, purchase date, install date, manufacture date, registration date, and input the state you live in.
What Does the Frigidaire Warranty Cover?
In general, the Frigidaire warranty is a 10-year Parts Warranty and 10-Year Comfort Quality Pledge. Because Frigidaire has a variety of different products, including smart appliances, they have more than one warranty.
The HVAC 10-year limited parts warranty, for instance, includes coverage of specific parts, but it doesn’t include labor costs. If registered within the necessary period, you can enjoy the following:
- One-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor warranty, and 10-year heat exchanger warranty for equipment utilized for commercial applications
- Extended limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty
- If products qualify, coverage for one year when not registered and 10 years when registered of a heat exchanger or compressor, which may fail while under contract
- Extended accessory coverage under a 10-year limited parts warranty for air handler or coil
Frigidaire Factory Service
The Frigidaire Factory Service, if available in your area, ensures that trained technicians are prepared to offer advice and tips, as well as repairs and replacements on appliances that are covered under warranty. Their service trucks are equipped with more than 400 on-site parts, such as the Frigidaire refrigerator repair parts. If your appliance breaks down, you can get access to these parts right away.
Frigidaire Extended Warranty
In addition, you have the option of purchasing an extended warranty through Frigidaire or through a third-party dealer. If you buy an extended warranty through a dealer, then you’ll need to send your claim to the dealer, not the manufacturer.
An extended warranty is meant to extend the length of your manufacturer warranty, which often expires long before the product does. But even with an extended warranty, which is typically bought through a third-party buyer, you likely won’t maintain coverage for as long as your appliance lasts.
When you buy an appliance, you can choose between a one-, two-, or three-year Frigidaire Service Contract. Three-year protection plans cost extra. Under the contract, Frigidaire covers the following (as long as all qualifications are met):
- Repairs and replacements are needed on all functional parts, as well as labor costs associated with repair or replacements
- Replacements of the appliance (with comparable features) if yours can’t be fixed or if it makes more sense to replace it
- Service from factory-trained experts who know Frigidaire products
- Your money back, if you’re unsatisfied with the coverage—you may receive a complete refund of remaining services, fewer claims are paid
What Does a Frigidaire Warranty Not Cover?
- Cosmetic damage
- Appliances that have been improperly installed
- Rust of any kind
- Repairs done by a professional that isn’t authorized by the Electrolux Warranty Corporation (Although you can buy Frigidaire parts and replace them yourself, self-repair will void the appliance warranty.)
- Repairs done with non-Frigidaire parts
- Appliances in homes or buildings that aren’t considered single-family homes or non-commercial multi-unit dwellings
- Break down or problems caused by normal, everyday wear and tear
Terms and conditions apply. Review complete limits of liability and any exclusions. CHW offers service contracts which are not warranties.
**See policy for specifics on response times.
***CHW reserves the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of CHW’s actual cost (which at times may be less than retail) to repair or replace any covered system, component or appliance.
****In the event a claim is denied, and a customer seeks to have Us review that denial, We have the right to request routine maintenance records in reviewing its decision.
More Like This