Costco is a place that many homeowners rely on when it comes to saving money and taking care of do-it-yourself-type projects. If you are looking for new gutter guards for your home, the EasyOn Gutter Guard gutter protection system is a great choice to consider.
Top Picks From Our Guide to the Best Gutter Guards of 2023
The best gutter guards on the market will keep your gutter from clogging and stop water from collecting around the foundation of your home. The EasyOn Gutter Guards do this with ease; let’s take a deeper look into what the Costco Gutter guards have to offer.
Our Take on Costco Gutter Guards
The EasyOn Gutter Guards from Costco were launched in 2003. The company had been in the gutter cleaning industry and realized that downspouts were continually clogged with pine needles, leaves, and other buildup. To help stop this, they created a micro-mesh gutter guard.
The micro-mesh material is easy to install over the existing rain gutter. Customers will use self-tapping screws or other methods to adhere the gutter guards to the fascia. Installing the fine mesh gutter screens is efficient and well laid out by Costso.com and other resources.
We gave the Costco Gutter Guards a 4 out of 5 stars because of the warranty, pricing, and ability to install these DIY gutter guards all on your own. The performance during really heavy rain and the development of ice dams from time to time kept the Costco Gutter guards from getting 5 stars.
Pros & Cons
- Very fair pricing
- Easy install
- Stainless steel mesh for superior performance
- Will not corrode
- Eliminates the need for gutter cleaning
- No option for professional installation from Costco
- Can cause problems with roof warranty if not installed correctly
- Struggles with heavy rainfall
What are Costco Gutter Guards?
The Costco Gutter Guards are known as EasyOn Gutter Guards, and they are a stainless steel micro-mesh gutter guard system. The EasyOn Gutter Guards ensure that your existing gutters stay free of debris and require much less manual cleaning. The micro-mesh guards keep debris out while rainwater can pass through.
Product and Materials
The EasyOn Gutter Guards have been on the market for close to twenty years. During that time, they have grown considerably and even adapted the product to work best for homeowners.
- UL Certified For RainWater Harvesting: If you plan on collecting rainwater that runs off your roof, the Costco Gutter Guards will not add any harmful chemicals to your rainwater runoff. Other gutter guards from Lowes, Home Depot, and large home improvement product providers do not have this same distinction.
- Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh: The stainless steel micro-mesh sits on top of the gutter, will not corrode, and helps to ensure water flow stays fast and efficient. Of all the types of gutter guards currently on the market, the stainless steel mesh is the most efficient and effective.
- Several Installation Methods: Some home products will void a roof warranty, especially if roof shingles are lifted. The EasyOn Gutter Guards from Costco.com allow you to install the product in several different ways to avoid issues with your roof warranty.
How Costco Gutter Guards Work
The Costco Gutter Guards sit right on top of your existing gutter, and the stainless steel mesh keeps almost all debris from falling into the gutter. The rainwater is able to fall into the gutter, allowing for better flow in the gutters.
10 Year Extendable Warranty
The Costco Gutter Guards come with a 10-year warranty; however, if you fill out the necessary paperwork, you will be able to extend this warranty to 25 years. A 25-year warranty on a DIY gutter guard product is quite impressive and something that homeowners should think about. You will have to follow all directions carefully and not change the functionality of the gutter guard in any way.
Costco Gutter Guard Installation
The installation from Costco Gutter Guard is DIY. Although you may be able to purchase the product and hire a local contractor to do the work for you, these gutter guards are made to be installed by the homeowner.
There are several options for installation so that you will not have to worry about voiding your roof warranty. Some customers use tape or even glue to attach the gutter guard to the fascia board. If the self-tapping screws are a problem for you, there are other options.
One row of the gutter guard will slide under the first row of shingles and the other to the fascia board. The gutter guards sit directly on top of the current gutter system. These EasyOn Gutter Guards are available in 5 and 6-inch widths.
Costco Gutter Guard Cost
The Costco Gutter Guard is considered one of the most affordable DIY gutter guard solutions on the market. When you compare to companies like Gutterbrush, Amerimax, and even Raptor Gutter Guards, the Costco EasyOn product is quite reasonably priced.
For the 5” gutter guard, you can purchase 100 feet of gutter guard for $164. The 6” gutter guard is a bit more expensive simply because it requires more material and is priced at $199.
If you don’t need the full 100 feet for your home, there are also smaller packages you can purchase, but the 100 feet will save you the most money.
Maintenance and Cleaning
The Costco Gutter Guards require very little maintenance. Some roof types will require more constant cleaning because of debris buildup on top of the mesh. Cleaning these gutter guards requires you to remove debris from the mesh, but you should not have to clean the gutters themselves.
Some homeowners will take off a section of the gutter guard from time to time if roof shingle grit has started to collect inside the gutters themselves, but this is not a common occurrence.
Costco Gutter Guards Customer Reviews
On the Costco website, there are more than 23,000 reviews of the EasyOn gutter guard product. With all of these reviews, the total rating is 4.7 out of 5 stars. We also checked and found that the EasyOn gutter guards are sold on Amazon and have 4.9 out of 5 stars. Overall, customers are happy with the functionality, especially with the pricing of this Costco Gutter Guard system. Below are some reviews we have pulled so you can get a better idea of the quality of the EasyOn gutter guards.
- Sam (March 2022): “Bought the 5″ width and the length which was just perfect…I was happy and surprised (although the description may have said this) that the mesh that covers the tops was so fine. IT even catches pine needles which I needed.”
- Garay Cleaning Services (April 2022): “As a professional gutter guard installer, these have been the best guards for the price that I have found. These guards will easily last as long as your gutters do. They filter very small debris without blocking rain water. High quality, straightforward directions that come with the screws you need. I highly recommend these. I have found that composition roofs are the easiest to install on. Tile roofs are a little trickier. Metal roofs are the greatest challenge I’ve had. Not that they don’t fit; rather, it takes extra effort to shape and install the guards properly. I also like that they are UL certified for rainwater collection. I live in a high drought risk area, so I like to capture water for gardening, and it’s good to know that I don’t have to worry about plastics/metals leaching into the water.”
- David (March 2022): “I must admit that when it comes to consumer products, my expectations are relatively high, and I am very selective on purchases. My main objective is quality, not price. Unfortunately, the majority of products on the market today are built to fail. This particular product easily met my expectation, from start to finish. It is manufactured with quality, weather-resistant materials, built to last. It is well packaged – banded together within the box to help minimize damage during transit. Each box comes with easy-to-read instructions and plenty self-tapping screws for attaching the covers to the gutters if that’s the method you choose. Lastly, each package includes a magnetic hex driver suited for driving the screws. Overall, good job in producing a well-engineered quality product for the do-it-yourself homeowner.”
The Costco Gutter Guards are a great stainless steel mesh gutter guard available in both the 5” and 6” gutter sizes. If you don’t think you are up for a full DIY installation of your gutter guards, contacting a gutter guard company like LeafFilter could be a great solution. LeafFilter can take care of the installation for you and has some of the best gutter guard products on the market today.
- Company name: EasyOn Gutter Guard (Parent Company GutterGlove)
- Company type: Private Company
- CEO: Matt Smith
- Year founded: 2003
- State availability: All 50 States
- Headquarters: La Vergne, TN
- BBB Rating: A+
Frequently Asked Questions About Costco Gutter Guards
How much do Costco Gutter Guards cost?
Costco Gutter Guards are approximately $165 for 100 feet of gutter guard. This is for the 5” size; the 6” size will be $199 for 100 feet. There are smaller sections available for those that do not need as much coverage.
Does Costco install gutters?
Costco does not install gutters, but the EasyOn Gutter guards from Costco are something that you can install yourself. Even those with slightly less experience with DIY projects will be able to install a Costco gutter guard.
Can I install Costco Gutter Guard myself?
Costco Gutter Guards are the EasyOn Gutter Guard brand, and they are very simple to install. If you are comfortable being on a ladder and can use basic tools, the Costco Gutter Guards come with the adhesive and fasteners needed to complete this project.
Is Costco Gutter Guard really worth it?
The Costco Gutter Guard is worth it. Homeowners will be able to eliminate the constant gutter cleaning and protect their homes from the damage that poor water runoff can cause. For the price of this product, it’s hard to find a better option.
How we Ranked, Reviewed, and Tested the Best Gutter Guards
Here, we’ve broken down our rating methodology for gutter guards. You should know that we’ve taken the utmost care to provide the most up-to-date information and to ensure that you make the best choice for your budgetary and home maintenance needs.
Why Trust Today's Homeowner? Our Gutter Ranking Methodology
At Today's Homeowner, transparency and trust are our most important values for the reader. We’ve done the homework for you and have researched over 50 gutter guards so you can have the information you need to make the best choice for your home. That’s why we took the time to create an objective rating system and score each gutter guard and gutter guard provider company according to our gutter ranking methodology.
We also dug into the details of each gutter guard to ensure that you could make the best decisions for your home and keep your gutters debris-free for years to come.
To make the most of our research, we developed a formula to objectively determine the best gutter guards based on the following criteria:
- Material: Material durability was the single most important factor that went into our rating methodology for gutter guards. Whether they were stainless steel micro-mesh or plastic screening, we gave an in-depth rating for this criteria.
- Debris Resistance: Our testing served as the primary evaluator for this factor. We curated a rating based on customer testimonials and our own in-house testing here.
- Ease of Installation: Most of the gutter guard options listed have some DIY component involved. For this reason, guards that required the fewest specialty tools got the highest rating here.
- Cost: How reasonable are prices in comparison to the industry average? We compared the costs of each company to competitors.
- Warranty terms: We looked into the warranty of lifetime warranty terms if it is offered by the provider.
- Trust: What do customers rate the company? We looked into what customers are saying about their experience with the company.
- Buying process: if the gutter guard is a DIY installation, how easy is the buying process? We looked for shipping costs and shipping time, as well as where the product can be bought from.