Braided wire is a top choice for hanging pictures because it’s so much stronger than a single piece of wire.
But that strength comes at a hefty price.
Joe T ruini knew he could make his own picture wire with galvanized wire he had on hand.
Do you want to make picture wire at a fraction of the cost? If so, just follow these steps:
1. Cut the wire two times longer than the distance between the picture frame’s D hooks.
2. Fold the wire in half
3. Use pliers to bend a 4d finishing nail into a hook
4. Attach the bent nail to a power drill, with the bent end facing outward
5. Hook the wire onto the bent nail
6. Grab the other end of the wire with a pair of pliers
7. Squeeze the power drill’s trigger and watch the pieces of wire twist!
8. Twist the finished wire several times around each D hook
That’s it! You have a more economical solution to braided picture wire.
Watch the video above to see Joe’s Simple Solution.