One of the benefits of owning a home is making it your own. You can keep improving the place until you’re completely satisfied with its look and function.
Don’t worry if you have a project in mind, but you’re not sure how to make it a reality. Some of the callers on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show are in the same situation. They know what they want to do, but they’re stuck on the logistics. Or they know the problem, but can’t figure out the solution.
For instance, dust is coming from your vents, but you’re not sure what’s causing it. Or you want to paint a steel staircase, but you’re not sure what to consider before doing so.
Maybe you want to wash old walls, but you’re concerned about volatile organic compounds being released. Or you want to convert a concrete patio into a wood deck, but you’re not sure what’s involved.
We’ll help with these projects, and many more! Listen to this week’s radio show for advice.
- [4:40]: Making picnic tables for squirrels
- [14:17]: Guess the median price of a house in the U.S…
- [15:51]: Tips for venting bathrooms to the outside
- [20:23]: Are volatile organic compounds released when washing down 18-year-old painted walls?
- [22:01]: How to make a dumb-waiter with a garage door opener
- [28:22]: Best New Product: Milwaukee M18 FUEL 18-Volt Cordless Oscillating Multi-Tool
- [31:41]: Tips for painting a steel staircase
- [39:17]: Tips for removing wallpaper
- [44:40]: Building a fire pit and pouring a concrete patio
- [49:15]: Simple Solution: How to deodorize a bathroom sink
- [55:38]: The projects Danny is working on at his house
- [57:54]: What you should know before modifying your home’s addition
- [1:00:15]: Tips for converting a wood-burning fireplace to use propane
- [1:01:58]: How to prevent moisture and mold where wood framing meets concrete blocks
- [1:11:39]: Tips for building a wooden storm door with glass
- [1:15:44]: Making laminate countertops look like granite
- [1:22:27]: Why dust comes out of your vents
- [1:33:08]: Tips for laying wooden deck boards over a concrete patio
- [1:38:04]: Can you install window insulation kits on drywall?
- [1:43:37]: Simple Solution: Extension Cord Safety Tips
Best New Product
|Oscillating tools come in handy for all kinds of tasks around the house, but they’re often too slow — here’s why Milwaukee Tool sets a new standard. Learn more>>|
Hey Danny and Joe!
I loved the talk about the Squirrel dining table – you guys are hillarious! And it inspired me to run out to my workshop (aka the garage) and make one for our yard squirrels (and besides, I was getting tired of making birdhouses haha!). Having a designated dining spot will also show you who the Alpha Squirrel is (I didn’t know there was such a thing).
Anyway, the kids love watching the squirrels and they named ours Queen Nutifah and Arnold Schwarzenutter.
Here’s a picture of our squirrel table with Queen Nutiffah…Arnold must be on location filming The Terminutter.
Have a great Day!
Glad you enjoyed this discussion, Keith! Please share it with friends — that’s how we’re able to create similar content.